In desperate need of some help or advice regarding Globus Sensation

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been dealing with this every day for over four years now. I wish I was joking but I'm as serious as a heart attack. At first I figured it would just go away on its own because that's what everybody says about it. But it never did for me, it just slowly got worse and worse and at this point, after four years of trying just about everything I've ever read that could potentially help or that have helped other people and coming out with a failure rate of 100%, I'm fed up. Whatever this is is making me miserable and I feel like I'm going to snap and lose my mind if it doesn't stop. I can barely even function properly because of this, it's ruining my freaking life and nothing helps. GERD is apparently a common cause of this from what I've read so I went and picked up some Nexium. Took it exactly how it said to take it on the box down to the very last word and didn't miss a dose for anything. No relief WHATSOEVER. Dehydration is another one so for a considerable amount of time I drank NOTHING other than purified water. Tried to only sip and there was no change or relief and I tried drinking normally and that didn't do squat for me either. Stress and/or anxiety is also common, so I've tried everything from stress supplements to stress relief gummies, and I even went as far as trying CBD gummies since some people say it helps them with stress. Lo and behold, not the slightest bit of relief from any of it. I also tried natural forms of stress/anxiety relief, but just as you'd expect, dealing with this every conscious second of your day makes it a little bit difficult to try to meditate or even just relax.

I can't sleep, even when it's physically painful for me to keep my eyes open because this makes it IMPOSSIBLE to get, let alone stay, comfortable. Most nights I don't get to sleep until my body shuts down from exhaustion and literally can't go without it any longer so I wake up every morning and am not only miserable because globus sensation never fails to greet me the minute I wake up, but also miserable because the quality of what little sleep I managed to get was cheeks. I try to cough something up and clear my throat excessively to the point my throat feels like it's on fire and my chest starts to hurt but there's nothing.

Please tell me how to make it stop, I can't take this any more man, please

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Hello Malik,

I'm the same. I've had it for more than a year now. Like to know the resolution to it.. It started because I was simply paying attention to the throat, and then came in attacks. After two months, it became constant and never left me. Probably also because I can't leave it alone, thinking about it all day and trying things to get it to go all day. I've had other weird symptoms that left me as soon as I forgot about them, but this won't leave me. It is probably a cycle: paid attention to it, got the feeling, got anxious, tensed my muscles even more, and now don't know how to let go of it anymore.

How did it start with you?

Greetings

• Posted

Hello,

that really sounds terrible, very pitiful. My situation could be similar to yours, so let me ask whether you are suffering from it 100% of your time, as your post suggests, or are there times where the Globus Sensation is gone? It seems to be an established fact that stress as well as just conscious thought about it make it worse. But judging from that, it should be possible to shut it off at least for a while, when you do not think about it, when you do not pay attention, when you focus on something else. This is at least what I am experiencing. So an at least temporary solution could be to do whatever you can to distract yourself. Really hopes that could help. Please tell us more about your situation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.