Globus sensation - dry and sticky mouth

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

Since months I have the feeling that there is something stuck in my throat which makes that I swallow very frequently. This results in excessive saliva in my throat however sometimes I also have the feeling of a very dry and sticky mouth/lips. I visited already multiple doctors, however only recently came the diagnose of globus sensation. In the meantime I have read already quite a bit about it and many of the symptoms that are described relate to what I feel. The only thing what is not really described is the fact that sometimes my mouth, and more particularly my lips, feel very dry and sticky. Is this also due to the globus sensation (many swallowing), or is this due to something else?

With regards to the treatment I went already a few times to a speech therapist, but I see little improvement. In the coming week I will also go to a osteopath since I have also pain in the muscles around my chest, so I hope this will solve the problem.

Thanks for all advice.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello Frederic, Do you sleep with your mouth open? Do you breathe through your mouth a lot? Do you take antibiotics now?

If yes, any of them can be a reason and you know that you should drink a lot of water.

• Posted

Hello,

all of your symptoms sound pretty typical for Globus Sensation, from the excess saliva to the dry lips. That does by no way mean that this has to be the only explanation, but it could be likely. The pain or pressure in the muscles around the chest are the only thing that does not really fit. I hope that answers your question and maybe also helps you to navigate towards treatment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.