Anxiety symptoms

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been doing well for months but had a relapse I can't seem to pull out of. Had a cold for 9 weeks, coughing etc, went to dr had 3 rounds of antibiotics and a chest X-ray and still felt horrible, then felt like a lump in my throat on and off so I worried over that! Now today, putting my hair up, I felt a lump on my neck muscle on the back of my neck! Of course I am freaked out worrying I have cancer. I say its a swollen lymph node and am a crazy lady. Looks like I go back to the dr and in the meantime lose my mind. I have the deepest appreciation of anyone suffering from this disorder. 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Oh marla I know exactly how you feel. I constantly think I have cancer. I spend hours googling my symptoms over and over again.ive had no sleep today because of terrible health anxiety. At the I moment I think I have leukemia But it changes all the time. Last week it was breast cancer. I weigh myself 2/3 times a day as weight loss is a big symtom, and if I've lost a couple of pounds I freak out.it ruins my life and I do t know how much longer I can carry on like this. Your lump could well be a lymph node, but as you have been fighting an infection this seems perfectly normal. When I've had colds/sore throats I always have swollen lymph nodes. But to people like us it won't seem normal because we suffer with this terrible health anxiety, so we see every lump/bump and illness as cancer. Believe me when I say I know exactly how you feel. I don't know what more I can say to reassure you because when im in this anxious mode nothing or nobody can reassure me, not even doctors, because I think they have got it wrong and I question what they are saying to me. I think I must drive them mad but I can't help it. It's terrible. Big hugs and I hope you feel better soon xxx
  • Posted

I know how you feel. Why is it so easy to tell ourselves there is something wrong but we just can't do the same to say all is ok ?? I really annoy myself with health anxiety as anything at all any niggle or pain and I'm so worried. I totally stopped looking on the internet re symptoms as it freaked me out every time. What I try to do now is say ok you feel this way if needs be go to the GP and if before you go you feel better well that's fine too and you don't need to go. I suppose it's ok saying that but when I really feel it it's very scary. I hope you feel better really soon. Good luck.cheesygrin
  • Posted

Anxiety thrives of fear

You have to learn how to cope with your anxiety through therapy or support groups

Stay strongcool

• Posted

Thank you everyone who replied! I made an appointment for tomorrow to see my dr. I can't shake this scared feeling and won't Google because I find that makes me worse. I do know if it is a lymoh node, that's not good, but I have heard stress, allergies, infections we don't even know we have can bring them on. My dad has had 2 under his arm and felt fine and was treated with antibiotics and they went down! In my mind, I have a terrible disease and can't stop worrying or crying! Thank you all for your support 
    • Posted

no problem at all, we're all here to help.

If you need anything at all, post on here or feel free to send me a PM.

You are not alone.

You can beat this.

Good luck and all the best!

• Posted

Take care Marla and best of luck for tomorrow. I hope all is well, this anxiety sucks but you'll get through it. Stay strong.cheesygrin
  • Posted

I have a lump in my neck I have a ultra sound scan next month I'm really scared it's cancer because it hasn't gone away I suffer with anxiety but because it hasn't gone away I'm sure it's cancer hope your ok how did the doctor go

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.