Anxiety symptoms, does anyone else get the same?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi All,

For years I have been getting many physical symptoms of anxiety. IBS such as wind, diarrhea, palpitations, chest pain, achy joints, light headedness, dizzy spells, off balance etc.

I believe I am having another anxiety attack where I only get symptoms when I stand or walk about, these symptoms include very jelly like, tingly and weak legs, light headedness and very off balance when I stand up and walk. Can anyone tell me whether they get similar symptoms and how to help to reduce them?

I had to call in sick to work today which resulted in another non-paid sick day due to having so many sick days with this darn anxiety. Please can someone help me and tell me I'm not going mad!?

Thank you smile

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes there all what anexity does to me too. I get the dry mouth bad too always have to have mints and bottle of water with me as I get paranoid my breath smells. I have ressurance from my partner and mum that it doesn't but the dryness just leaves such a awful taste sometimes. Take deep breaths I nearly had to ring in sick today too as I had a massive panic attack this morning but managed to sort myself out and got there. Hope u feel better soon. We are all here for u xx
  • Posted

Your not going mad they are symptoms of anxiety just 1 thing please dont Google your symptoms it makes it much much worse I realised that I have a facebook group called  anxiety (health anxiety) I try help people out there and it helps me to help others have a look on there but if you dont have facbook I will start doing 1 on here its just tips on how to help with anxiety and what it is  I think I covered it in just 1 day lol 
  • Posted

Thank you so much Kevin and Rebecca and Paul for your replies. It's really helpful to know I'm not on my own. Rebecca, I had the dry mouth yesterday all day accompanied with nausea. It's really hard to not think that something really awful is happening to your body but I'm finally just realising it's anxiety.

Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it x  

• Posted

one of the worst anxiety symptoms i have is my giddyness, and the unbalanced feeling when standing or walking which is a shame because i am sure a walk in the open air would be good but i cannot walk in a straight line and feel totally wobbly i have to stop and steady myself constantly and i wouldn,t go anywhere if i had to stand 
  • Posted

I'm sorry i'm not sure how to reply to your posts individually. 

Marilyn, I am the same. I feel like I'm on a boat constantly when I stand/walk but when I sit down I feel quite relaxed and comfortable. My head feels a little heavy, do you get these symptoms near your time of the month?

• Posted

Hi Curly,

This sounds awful and it's a shame you are suffering.  I've had many of these symptoms and others over the years.  I thought it was down to a very stressful and fatiguing job.  Have you tried seeking professional counselling for the anxiety as it sounds some help maybe required?? If anything just to help talk through things to help evaluate where the anxiety may lie?

• Posted

Hi JJ360,

I have joined outlook southwest to have a one to one therapy session run on the NHS and put myself on the waiting list for stress buster classes. I have also been referred to a wellbeing clinic with my work where i will see a doctor to discuss my sickness records and hopefully get some help. Can anyone please give me advise on how to relieve the symtoms or do you just have to wait? 

I am really struggling, I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle with my body. x

• Posted

That's great news about the counselling and it's a fantastic first step. Being mindful and reaching out for help is the first step on this incredible journey.  Do you have any emotional feelings with your anxiety or are they just physical? Emotional feelings are hard as there is no pill or quick cure though CBT is wonderful in the short term to help get through these first tough few weeks.  Try to be mindful of your emotions and let them out, try not to repress them.  Talk about your emotions, ask 'how am I actually feeling'? even if the answer is 'don't know' that is fine and perfectly natural.  If you want to cry, cry. Don't hold back. Try to occupy yourself with logical tasks. If you have kids, play with them, invent games etc. This puts you in the here and now and you are mindful of now.  The brain cannot be anxious and logical at the same time, just like a muscle cannot contract and relax at the same time.  There are many CBT techniques and it's normally a personal preference as to what works for you.  Counselling will concentrate on this and will guide you to help find answers to your anxiety.  Try to keep positive.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.