Anxiety symptoms driving me crazy!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello I am 22 and I've been suffering from anxiety for about a year! I've been through it all, 5 hospital visits, various doctors, and I still don't believe it's anxiety but I have been proven it is! I've also been on various medications and I had been doing very well until the past month! My husbands brother age 23 passed tragically from a gun accident and my granpa passed of cancer the next week! Since then I have had chest pain, shortness of breath, pounding heart and just an uneasy feeling! In general I thought that I handled all this very well but my symptoms say otherwise! I guess what I'm asking is can death cause my anxiety to increase even if I didn't notice! The chest pains are what scare me the most but I keep telling myself it's just anxiety because I've had a sonogram some of my heart and he said it's perfectly fine and I have no family history of heart problems and I'm only 22, went to doc yesterday and blood pressure was 124/75! I guess I don't understand how all my medical tests can be perfect but I don't feel perfect! Advice anyone??

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Anxiety can do alot and have alot of physical symptoms even when you think you are copong and not feeling anxious. I have had every possible physical symptom and convinced myself somwthing serious was wrong. I went to the hospital x4 and doctors and they all said it was anxiety and would not even give me other tests accept for blood tests bc they said there was nothing wrong I didn't need any here was nothing wrong accept anxiety. It's really hard to believe anxiety can do so much and make you feel so terrible but it can. I have severe health anxiety and every physical symptom I would google convinced I had some serious disease sending me into panic attacks.
  • Posted

Your Blood pressure is high but some of us its natural.

Keep a paper bag with you and when you feel the pain breathe in and out of it to stop you hyperventilating. I have been through this so dp understand.

You have gone through such alot, so many losses.

Have you thouht about counselling, many Drs do have a therapist attached to their practice. With love, Linda

• Posted

I'm so sorry to hear of you losing your granpa and also youre brother in-law so tragically at such a young age.

Its not at all suprising that these events would increase youre anxiety levels alot, and yes youre body can react to the stress of it all, even if you think you are coping. You really need to be able to talk about all this - maybe get some counselling if you can, so you can properly come to terms with it.

Love and Good Luck.

• Posted

Extreme anxiety trigger adrenaline rushes that cause to s of symptoms. When the adrenaline finishes its rush the symproms go away. Its very hard for the mind to accept that a person can bring this on the selves but its true. When the chest thing happens i just read a trick to place both hands in a small basin of the warmest water you can tolerate. It stops that part of the a xiety attack. I have no clue in the science as to why but it will show you its an anxiety attack. Another tick is if you do not,learn the proper belly breathing technique grab a straw and breathe thru the straw. It slows it all down. You need to learn cbt its lif saving to understand all this and deal with it. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.