Anxiety symptoms from nowhere

Posted , 6 users are following.

Does anyone ever get anxiety symptoms from nowhere? This evening I was on the phone to my boyfriend and all of a sudden my throat felt constricted and I started getting head rushes!

It scares me when I get symptoms from nowhere and makes me worry it's not anxiety.

Does anyone else get this?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello hun, yes I get it too. I have health anxiety amongst other things all caused by a massive stressful period in my life that I thought was over but it's manifested itself this way - I get anxious for no apparent reason, all of a sudden rushes of panic, shaking, fear, dread, impending doom and gloom for a period of time then it passes and it's just horrible - also it stoos me from going to GP as terrified of tests and the gs, not so much the tests the results! Uuuugghh it's just an awful thing to cope with, and you're defiantly not alone x
  • Posted

Yes indeed, and let me tell you they are HORRIBLE. I have been anxious and dizzy for 4 months now some good days and more bad days. Today was a decent day and I was walking around walmart with my girlfriend then for a good minute or two I felt super anxious and depersonalized. Now I'm at home dizzy with neck pain. rolleyes
  • Posted

This is called a type 2 worry- a worry of a worry if you will. It probably doesn't come out of nowhere- possibly you feel a slight twinge, nothing major or what you would constitute as anxiety. But your so worried and fed up of being anxious that this 'twinge' makes you scared that you will become anxious and then, this turns into anxiety and panick. What you need to remember is that anxiety, although scary, cannot hurt you and that there is always a reason for an anxious burst, it's just sometimes your conscious mind doesn't pick up on it.

Next time you see this happening, as soon as you start to feel anxious - you need to say to yourself a big powerful STOP! You need to visualise holding a stop sign up to the anxiety!! Also, tell it to p*** off!!

Then start breathing deeply, 7 in, 11 out.

Also, if your anxiety stems from being anxious of being anxious- what you should do is not run away from it! Focus on the physical sensations, really focus on your throat and the feeling in your head - as if you are writing an essay on it. This will make the symptoms worse for a minute or 2 but then they will subside , your body will calm, and then your mind will become calm!

This exercise is awesome because it gives you the power back, it gives you control! And that's why this sort of anxiety often spirals into panick, because you feel like you don't have control! Take the control back by using these techniques!

Really hope this helps! Good luck smile

• Posted

Yes and I find when this happens it is sometimes the most worrying or hard to deal with as you believe you're not in a very 'anxious state'. I sometimes find it extremely hard to believe that anxiety in my mind can cause the body to have so many strange, unusual and worrying sensations/feelings. You'll find a way to cope with them smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.