Anxiety symptoms, not sure if it's normal

Posted , 2 users are following.

For the last couple of weeks I've been feeling on edge thinking that I may be pregnant, but I know that I'm not because I've had my menstural period since my last sexual encounter. Until recently I'm convinced that I'm pregnant but haven't had any sexual intercourse since my last period. I have been thinking the worst of this situation and My anxiety has set in and I have been having muscle spasms all over my body, been waking up in the middle of the night thinking and worrying that I may be preganant, been having stomach aches, headaches, feeling dizzy, and at times blurred vision. The muscle spasms are happening mostly in my arms and legs, I need to know if this is normal and if I should see a doctor for medication for anxiety?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dakla, I had this quite a few times when I was younger and having a bad time with anxiety. Tbh I think most women will have an irrational pregnancy scare at some point in thier lives regardless of whether they are officially suffering from anxiety. It's such a big thing in a woman's life and effects emotions and balance so much so it's no wonder really it's a common worry. You may as well do a pregnancy test to put your mind at rest regardless of how unlikely it is as they are so easily availiable and quick to do. See if this helps before going to the doc as if this is the only worry that might be enough to make fix it! If it continues though and your mind isn't put to rest even though you've had a negative test, then definitely see your doctor. How old are you if you don't mind me asking?
    • Posted

Your so right melmo! I'm 18 smile still having trouble to pluck up the courage to do a pregnancy test, so scared of what the result will be!
    • Posted

I'm sure you'll be fine smile Hope you feel better soon x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.