Anxiety symptoms really bad at the mo

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

Just looking for some reasurrance really. I'm currently writing my dissertation for me degree and with the stress of that and lack of sleep my symptoms are getting out of control ! Sharp stabbing chest pains twitching, funny sensations in my head, headache, panick when falling asleep ... And the list goes on ! Any ideas how I can get through this stressful week and calm my symptoms down ? Thanks

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

if it's any consolation, my niece is going through exactly the same at the moment...it crept up her.

One week she was fine and life was going well then suddenly, a phone call to say she was panicking!!!

Tears, inability to make a decision and complete breakdown.

She spoke with her tutor straight away, ended her part time job and, made the decision to finish her relationship which was causing her some anxiety.

her tutor was wonderful !

She told her to go home and switch off for a while.

I think she ended time out.

I think she had too much going on in her life, was having to juggle too much.

I hope she will rest and tackle tomorrow when it comes instead of thinking ahead which she clearly has been doing so well for 5 years at Uni.

I wish you well and hope you will consider doing that too , if you are able !!!

Good luck

J

• Posted

This is undoubtedly a very stressful and tiring period in your life which can produce some very strange effects on us.

I would suggest that you should do something different for a change - something that you really enjoy doing that you know will relax you.

It is quite amazing how a bit of time off refreshes the brain by reinvigorating the enthusiasm and refreshing our ideas and concepts.

I have always likened it to eye strain - the harder you try the more blurred the images become.

Ideas? Well out time with friends, an outing in the fresh air, music, pamper time - in fact anything at all that will give you the break that you need.

Good luck.

• Posted

Just to echo what others have said really about trying to find time to relax, which I know from personal experience can be easier said than done!

Maybe (if like me) you've got heaps on your mind at the moment... E.g. I tend to have racing thoughts about thinks work-related when I'm trying to sleep or when I wake up in the morning, so I keep a notepad at the side of my bed and take that thought out of my head and put it on paper. I don't know how to describe it but just having that nagging thought in black and white and knowing it's there to come back to allows me to temporarily "remove" if from my head, to TRY and relax a little!

• Posted

I remember when I was writing my Master's thesis when I was 23 as being a very stressful time.  I ended up breaking my day up into blocks.  I would work on my thesis on a specific length of time a day and the hours outside of that were for me, to spend time with family or friends or on my hobbies.  If I didn't keep it to that block of time I just knew it would consume me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.