anxiety symtoms?

Posted , 4 users are following.

i know i have anxiety but right now im scared i have a blood clot or something i keep getting a flutter feeling mainly in my right neck where pulse is i can feel it twitching away i get it in my left too but not as much im laid in bed at the minute and my right leg gets a kind of bubble feeling going down it i still have it now its a kind of bubble bubble and coolish like trapped wind in my leg and im thinking what if i have a clot travelling around ???

i get this twitch feeling in my neck head ect you name it but this one in my leg is like bubbles poping and moving up and down my leg im so scared its like some how i have air in my leg and its cool and moving around im so scared right now 

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Try not to panic and get sum sleep its amazing what symptoms anxiety can do. I suffer reli bad with health anxiety. Dont wori ur ok. Chin up
    • Posted

thankyou but i really dont think i can sleep as much as i really need to cry
  • Posted

Hi Steph,

Please dont be scared and don't panic the more you think about it the worse it will be!

I've had the same thing it's like a cool pins and needles I get it on my legs and back and it's very frightening. I went to the GP about it and he told me it's where your muscles are relaxing and they twitch apparently it's very normal!! I told him I was terrified as I thought I had dvt he looked at me and just rolled his eyes.,.. 

Try and relax take some deep breaths and eventually it will pass.

I hope this helps xx

• Posted

noo its not that i have had the cold pin & needles this is like acually trapped wind in my legs like when your belly does a pop noise and you get that bubble feeling in your stomach its like that in my legs its still happening now feels like a air bubble under my skin moving around its really weird like the first flutters when your pregnant but in my leg it even did a little growl feeling without the noise ! now it sounds like im crazy but its acually happening unless your right and its muscles relaxing because it happened after i had pins and needles  rolleyes xx
    • Posted

I would defiantly say it's your muscles relaxing ! anxiety can play havoc with our mind and body.

I hope you can get some rest and sleep it off xx

• Posted

thankyou hun i will defiantly be trying to get to sleep xx
  • Posted

Hi Steph, 

I have had similar feelings and can relate to the "twitches" or "mini spasms" that you are having in your neck and it is extremely common with anxiety so try not to worry about it too much. With anxiety as you know you get that sudden rush of adrenaline through the vody which causes the whole "fight or flight" this, this can happen sub-consciously when we don't expect or want it to happen as you know. These sudden rushes of adrenaline often cause the nervous system to get excited which in turn causes our nerves to twitch and move and stuff. 

Also with anxiety for some reason that they don't really know why but we suffer from dehydration more than the average person which in turn causes muscle twitches and spasms therefore it is advised to make sure you are getting the right amount of fluids inside you. 

Another helpful tip is to keep moving when you are not sleeping and keep yourself busy. This can be hard for some people especially those with severe anxiety as it makes you reluctant to do to much as you are scared of something bad happening however excercise doesn't only help to keep your mind of things but it also helps use up ay remaining unused adrenaline which may help your spasms. 

When it happens just reassure yourself quickly that it is a perfectly fine and normal sensation and that it won't hurt you and then divert your attention elsewhere, The more this happens and the more you quickly reassure yourself and divert the attention the easier it will be fot you as you will instantly realise that this has happened several times in the past and nothing bad has come of it. 

Keep your head up and try not to let it get to you!

• Posted

As for your legs it does sound as though you are really going through it at the minute and I feel for you I really do. As you know with anxiety generally we search for problems, our head tells us that there is something wrong when there isn't and as a result we zone in on things and connect them to the worse possible scenarios. 

I would imagine this is what is happening with you and your legs. I have had similar happen to me in the past. I was once scratching my upper left arm when I felt what I thought was a some sort of lump that I instantly thought was a clot in my veins or something in my upper arm. I found myself zoned in on this due to the panic and checked it several times and felt it and it caused more panic in the long run however it turned out to be some sort of muscle strain and it went away on it's own after I stopped worrying about it,. 

• Posted

thanks matt i just freak out even though it sometimes feels i dont even have anxiety with it but then im worrying and the symtoms carry on instead of stopping ihave change these what i hope is muscle spasms into blood clot now before it was als and im sure i will go back to als but with these posts at least i feel like it may be normal and acually part of anxiety so thankyou 
  • Posted

We are all the same Steph, don't feel like it is just you because it comes part and parcel with anxiety I was terrible for it and in the space of a few months anything and everything severe that could do wrong with my I had the symptoms for and panicked. From heart problems to blood clots, brain tumours, that I was going to stop breathing you name it. 

It's just a combination of the unknown and our brains working overtime on us. At the time it is dreadful and really scary but just keep reassurring yourself that there are perfectly normal and logical reasons for how you are feeling and it isn't anything serious. If you suffer the same thing again just think to yourself "Hold on this happened the other day and nothing bad came of it and I was fine" and then get on with something to take your mind away from it all. 

Your not on your own, it isn't silly and eventually it will get better if you keep your chin up :-) x

• Posted

thankyou makes so much sence accept when your in that state of mind even though you understand its not "real" theres nothing to stop them its like i have forgot how to be myself today i felt good i felt a little off but everyone said its just because you feel your normal self you dont feel ill but i started to get anxiouse thoughts of why i was feeling ok how crazy is that and then now im fixed on i have a brain tumor ,brain anyrsm,or blood clot and i cant control it with having these symtoms again thing i wish i had read that last night as i have had them symtoms before its today these new symtoms i have never had and so here i go again unless it does acually happen then of course i will be right but also dead ...

this is how my mind works now if i dont worry something bad will happen .

if i do worry something bad will happen but at least i will be prepared forit and i acually set my mind too if i worry and stop been worried i will jinx myself and it will happen i think thats how i got into this pattern by having Superstition about anxiety and how it works sad x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.