Anxiety taking over our life

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all do you ever sit and think to yourself that when your old you'll wonder why you ever worried about things? That's how I feel at the moment like my life is passing me by and all I do is panic about what ifs. I can't live like this anymore I'm missing out on my kids and doing things I should be doing but instead I'm turning into a shell of a woman and have completely lost the old me. I know there is a fight left in me somewhere but when anxiety takes over and the thoughts come rushing into your mind as soon as you wake up its just hard. It's horrible being like this and constantly thinking negatively but something has got to give I can't go on like this anymore. Life is passing me by all because of a thought process I know i can change If I had the right technique. I am sorry to go on but I truly am at my wits end with bloody anxiety and panic I've had enough of it ruling my life and changing who I am. 3 years it's been doing this to me.... well anxiety you can kiss my ass because I am going to fight you back!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have two kids under 6 and I totally agree with you. Mine began after the birth of my second so it's been a bit under a year.. Its awful. You sound like maybe you're at rock bottom with this though, which is maybe the final step you need to begin to ignore it. I was posting here daily a few weeks ago. Finally I got to the point where I decided you know what, I'll just deal with it And it can be on the back burner for now.. Its still with me on a daily basis, some more than others. I still get physical symptoms probably 4 days a week, but I'm learning to try to ignore them.

Think of how your kids feel. They just want the old you back probably, so give them a show of what that old woman is like.. If you used to take them to the park and can't anymore, force yourself one day a week to take them to the park. I started out with a half hour of doing stuff a week.. Now on a good week, I can take them shopping, to the zoo, etc. On a bad day, I'll admit I'm still curled up on my couch crying, which I know I need to change.

Do you see a therapist? Are you on meds? I began therapy a few weeks back and they are great for drilling it into your mind that though this seems serious and makes you basically hate living sometimes, it really is the mind playing tricks on you, and can totally be changed. You can be the old you, just give it time.

• Posted

Hello thanks for your reply. I started sertraline yesterday and it has given me a bad stomach and made me feel even worse. I have good and bad bouts this being a bad one but I am completely and utterly sick to death of feeling like this it's horrible. Mine started after I had pnd with my 4th and I was on citalopram which worked but don't do the trick now. I don't think Meds are the way forward because they just hide the problem. I am just lost at the moment

• Posted

I would speak to your doctor about therapy. The good thing is that typically, ppd is curable and will just go away eventually, unless you were depressed and anxious before kids, then it sticks around for a bit longer. I'm on buspar and it's the only med that has gotten me off the couch. My issues are hypochondria of the heart, but I can actually get up and move now being on this medicine. I also don't want to be on meds for the same reason, but just think of it as help until the anxiety gets low enough for you to handle on your own. Best of luck.

• Posted

That's true. What medication do you take? I might half the dose and see if that helps a bit. PND was horrible I never want to feel that low again and thankfully I feel a lot more with it now it's just the hypochondria I hate

I need to teach myself to think positively x

• Posted

Have you any idea what has caused your Anxiety and Panic attacks, to know that will help you come to terms with your condition and try and address and start on that new pathway.

I made massive changes around sixty years old and last year I recieved my Pension. I hit sixtysix several months ago and for some reason sixty six have been a real shocker for me.

I do not know your age or if you are been seen by your GP and are following a treatment plan. If not I would advise you to make an appointment to visit the Surgery. When you go make a list of your concerns so you miss nothing out of your fears and concerns.

B.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.