Anxiety that i will not be able to sleep - What should i do

Posted , 4 users are following.

For three days now I'm experiencing anxiety over my sleep. I usually go to bed very late in 4-5 o'clock but the past 3 days i wasn't able to sleep. So my anxiety kicked in so im shaking and having thoughts like i will never be able to sleep again that make me shake even more and mu mind is in chaos . I'm not able to focus on anything just my scary thoughts. I don't known what to do I'm scared to go to bad and think i'm going to die from this! Please help 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Listen to Mindfulness  meditations for sleep or anxiety on you tube . They totally calm down my mind and body and symptoms.  Many to choose from!  

Also Mindfulness breathing Guided meditation 10 minutes will show you how to breathe when you are anxious or can't sleep. 

Use earbuds for a better effect.  😁??

• Posted

You have three days without sleeping? That's not healthy and not good for you. You need the sleep that's when our body's recover. There's MidNite Sleeping Aid! Have you tried sleeping pills? Natural sleeping pills. Try listening to calming music like piano or flute sounds. Close your eyes imagine you're on the beach and go from there... Keep imagining things until you fall asleep. Your mind will wander off into your imagination and you will sleep. Good Luck?

• Posted

Hi Biljana...I have always been obsessed with sleep since my teenage,I have always slept well,and sometimes I get lesser sleep than usual...this is very normal and I hv taken it so seriously and think about it so much till the point where I actually started losing my sleep and had to get on antidepressants...and for 3 months I would rely on things like 25mg nytol or perhaps a very low dose 0.25mg xanax or melatonin or red wine to sleep...I have never taken any medication in my life and I hated it...then I started taking cumin seeds...just few days after that I started feeling less anxious and I felt more calm and believe me I stopped fearing and stopped taking anything to help me fall asleep... I just have pee anxiety, the urge to pee and psychological need to empty my bladder again and again till I'm satisfied and able to fall asleep...at the end of the day I believe it's all in your head.... try to calm down and relax and keep focusing on the nights you hv slept well and remind urself that this will not last forever.,, I know it's not easy at all,but it's not impossible... take care!

• Posted

Thanks for the advice! I have this thoughts for a long time now and I'm able to control them but sometimes they are just so overwhelming that just consume my mind and me and I'm not able to do anything but think I will never sleep and nothing can help me. I don't want to take pill because I'm scared that I will get addicted to them. I just take helex when I'm too upset. Did you seek professional help? I think I want to try psychiatry but I'm not sure how helpful would that be?  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.