Anxiety - The Special Deep Breath (Anyone Else?)

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys,

I am 21 (turning 22) year old Male. Quite in Normal shape I must say, I am 6 Ft tall and weigh around 98kg

For the past 6 years (or so) I've been suffering from this thing people are saying is anxiety (which I've ended up accepting it to be)...

The thing is, and is why I opened this thread... that what I feel that makes it feel bad (aka anxiety / panic attacks) is the urge to take a deep breath (the special breath) and when it doesn't happen (when I am not able to take it), the urge becomes bigger and bigger and turns into anxiety.

So the problem here is, possibly the deep breath, however I do not know if this is anxiety or something else...

Often I figure out that when I manage to take this special deep breath, anxiety and panic do not occur....or when I am too busy doing things.

Mornings tend to be easier to handle rather than nights (as I become more scared about these syntomps and anxiety itself)

I've been to doctors and they all say it's anxiety and that I am perfectly normal, however this deep special breath is what I am unable to understand, and I really believe that if I solve what is causing it, I may be able to feel normal again..

Thank you for reading,

B

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Brendan, My son suffers with panic attacks and anxiety problems. He,s started over two years ago. It has been awful. He did take anti depressants for a while, but they gave him worse symtoms. They made him that lethargic he lost his job. There is light at the end of the tunnel though. He has CBT now, cognic behavorial therapy.

​I have seen a change in him for the better.Perhaps you have something deep seated that you need to talk about. Its just athought. Could you explain more about this special deep breathe that bothers you ?

​thanks

• Posted

Using extra deep breaths in a controlled manner is practising the Yogic deep breathing relaxation technique. The urge to take slow deep breaths when panicking results in you understanding that you are able to control and resolve your own anxietyattack! Good for you, Brendan!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.