anxiety through the roof

Posted , 3 users are following.

i feel like i’m going crazy all the time. as soon as i wake up it starts. i’m always worried about my health and what will happen to me. i’m always tired and sometimes it’s hard to get through the work day. no one understand and i just want to talk to someone who gets it. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sometimes you just want someone to say “I get it”. And, I get it...I understand how you feel, 100%, that dread of a panic attack happening, which can actually cause a panic attack, the worry over your health, constantly; have the doctors missed something, what’s that’s new pain? Googling symptoms and convincing yourself it’s the worst case scenario. You are not alone. It’s frigjtening but you can get through it; I am determined that this will not rule or ruin my life. Have you tried CBT? I’m finding it can help. Also speak to your GP about medication; I’m of the opinion that if it helps me, it’s a good thing; talk to them, it might help you too. Just please know you’re not alone, I understand how frightening it can be, you will get through this. We all will. 
  • Posted

I get it. I can barely leave the house, haven’t worked for about 18 months. I was managing ok but had a big setback when my mum became ill in May. I sometimes have no appetite and it gets me physically sick. I have anxiety when I wake up and it only goes towards behind when I know I can just sleep and rest for a bit. Feels like I’m going crazy and I’m terrified of being carted off to hospital after a big panic attack where I finally snap! I feel like I should have learned by now that that’s not going to happen but it’s like my minds learned to panic and it’s not unlearning that behaviour no matter how hard I try to face my fears. Ive tired a load of SSRIs but no help cbt was the only thing that’s ever helped but it didn’t cure me. I started Pregabalin last week which initially gave me great relief but that didn’t last long. I don’t have any advice for you unfortunately because I’m in the same boat. I’m not happy you’re going through the same thing but in a selfish way it’s nice to know I’m not alone. Hope it gives you something and if I find a cure I’ll let you know! Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.