Anxiety ticks?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone I feel like I'm losing my mind. Stressing over the fact that I anxiety ticks. I noticed or think I'm doing repeated movements. This is driving me crazy along with my headaches😢 ever since I got them I feel like me acting slow and dumb. Advice! Thanks!

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Anxiety typically causes us to be hyper aware of ourselves. So it might be that you're so focused on these "repeated movements" that they appear worse than they are. You're not losing your mind, that much I can promise you. What sort of movements do you think you're repeating? 

• Posted

Movements like if I looking over my shoulder I feel like I'm repeating it. All this drains my mind and makes me feel retarded

• Posted

I understand. It seems to me that this is all tied in with your anxiety. It's nothing to worry about, except that it's draining your energy. Have you tried ways to calm your mind? Like with soothing music, herbal tea, melatonin, magnesium, or other ways? If you relax your mind enough you'll forget about these ticks. 

• Posted

I was hearing some medication music on YouTube that was helping calm down but I have two daughters that make it hear to hear and relax. Thank you advice😌

• Posted

Aww, I know. Have little ones around can make it harder to relax. Hopefully tonight you'll feel better. 

Peace xxx 

• Posted

It is all to do with your Anxiety

Are the ticks noticable by other people or do you feel they are very slight.

• Posted

My husband saids he doesn't notice them at all and thinks Its just stress.

• Posted

Hello pet

If your husband cannot see them that is great. Sometimes when I sit watching the TV or rading a book I feel something like that as well. My Wife thinks I am concentrating on what I  am doing as I am reading etc.

Personally if someone knows you and does not notice it that is great, stop worrying

• Posted

I also tend to talk to my husband when ever I'm feeling bad and he tries his best to help and support me

• Posted

Hello Judi,

When my aniexy begins to increase I do a number of things depending on how I'm feeling or what kinds of things are running through my mind from bringing my fingers to my neck to check my pulse to leg bouncing to teeth clacking, I believe these are things I'm doing to try and cope but end up making things worse at times since I'm doing these things constantly and only doing these things when I'm feeling anxious. There's nothing wrong with us, it might be bothering you because you only notice when your feeling stressed, I haven't had serious aniexty for long but that's what I think. I sorry if I don't offer much advice but I find when I get distracted these things decrease or cease, the difficult part if finding something to distract you ^ ^"

Best of luck,

Darby

• Posted

Thank you. I always ask why did I get anxiety😞 but I happy I have a great supporter who is my husband a friend, and you ppl like you and I that go through this and offer some great advice. ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.