Anxiety ticks?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone I feel like I'm losing my mind. Stressing over the fact that I anxiety ticks. I noticed or think I'm doing repeated movements. This is driving me crazy along with my headaches😢 ever since I got them I feel like me acting slow and dumb. Advice! Thanks!

0 likes, 13 replies

Report / Delete

13 Replies

• Posted

Anxiety typically causes us to be hyper aware of ourselves. So it might be that you're so focused on these "repeated movements" that they appear worse than they are. You're not losing your mind, that much I can promise you. What sort of movements do you think you're repeating? 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

It is all to do with your Anxiety

Are the ticks noticable by other people or do you feel they are very slight.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello Judi,

When my aniexy begins to increase I do a number of things depending on how I'm feeling or what kinds of things are running through my mind from bringing my fingers to my neck to check my pulse to leg bouncing to teeth clacking, I believe these are things I'm doing to try and cope but end up making things worse at times since I'm doing these things constantly and only doing these things when I'm feeling anxious. There's nothing wrong with us, it might be bothering you because you only notice when your feeling stressed, I haven't had serious aniexty for long but that's what I think. I sorry if I don't offer much advice but I find when I get distracted these things decrease or cease, the difficult part if finding something to distract you ^ ^"

Best of luck,

Darby

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you. I always ask why did I get anxiety😞 but I happy I have a great supporter who is my husband a friend, and you ppl like you and I that go through this and offer some great advice. ?

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up