Anxiety Tips

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi Guys

im finding that my mood is lifting a bit now but the anxiety remains. for EG i bought a new car the other day and now im hell bent convinced that something bad is going to happen to punish me for having something good happen to me. anyone else get these feelings. and if so how do you deal with them. they are wearing me out sad

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, 

How long have you been on citalopram for and what dose are you on? 

• Posted

Ah, there's your answer then. You must treat each increase as setting the clock back to zero, so you are now in the side effect phase and this can last quite a while before you start to notice a difference. They say to allow 4-6 weeks and then you should start noticing an improvement, but it can be much longer than this and you will have up and down days so don't get discouraged. 

You need to give it more time, 8 weeks is very early days - I've been on Citalopram for nearly 17 weeks now and I'm still not there yet. 

Dont worry, once it kicks in you will notice a big difference and will really start to feel back to your normal self x

• Posted

hey

i hope thats the case for me. been feeling so awful for about 4 years now. never even thought about depression and anxiety. just assumed it was how everyone felt. thanks for taking the time to talk to me x

• Posted

You will get better turvell, it just takes time. Once you have recovered you will wish that you had started the medication years ago. Nobody should have to live miserably and with the correct treatment you will soon be the happy person you deserve to be. 

The side effects are not nice, and you may find you have lots of blips as it is a very rocky road. But don't give up, I felt awful on week 3 and really thought about giving up but I'm glad I didn't now otherwise I'd be back to square one. Citalopram takes a long while to work, but it is really worth sticking with it for the results. 

I wouod recommend mend joing the No More Panic site where there is a dedicated citalopram board. We all support each other and I wouldn't have got through this if it hadn't been for the experienced members on there telling me what to expect. Good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.