Anxiety tooth ache

Posted , 2 users are following.

Can anxiety cause constant months of nausea and toothache?

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

It most certainly can, and much more.

When we are suffering with anxiety and/or depression all our senses are hightened, unfortunately not for the better.

If you have not sought medical help might I suggest that you really do need to do so, as anxiety/ depression seldom go away of their own volition.

Also, you might find it beneficial to discuss the way you feel with your closest friends/ family, as a great deal of comfort can be found when you have someone near to you who will lend a sympathetic ear. 

• Posted

I have been on medication for three months and working with mental health team sadly things aren't any better
    • Posted

Sadly there is no such thing as a quick fix.

Patience and sheer determination to get well,  understanding friends and colleagues and expressing your feelings when you need to are the only answers.

If you feel that not enough progress is being made do not be frightened to tell your doctor/s that you need more help - that is their job.

Be certain of one thing though, and that is you will get well again.

R x

• Posted

Thank you I do hope so medication is being changed. I don't really have any friends left and my partner has said if I don't start new job I've got to go. No pressure lol get it together or your homeless! My dad is supportive though he is getting on a bit and desperate for me to be well as he struggles when I suffer and I just feel like a huge burden.
    • Posted

Ps can't express feelings too much as feel so desperate when I do people tell me off or threaten to kick me out!
    • Posted

Nobody is going to kick you off this forum if you want to express how you feel. They are fine bunch of people all of whom suffer with something or other that makes their lives miserable.

Be sure of one thing though, and that is although you may feel like a burden YOU ARE NOT - you are unwell and trying your best to cope with what life throws. at you.

If your dad is the one and only person who you can talk to (other than those people on this forum) I am very certain that he will welcome the prospect of supporting you and trying to see you through this.

As for your partner, well I think that a heart to heart talk with him stating what effect all this is having on you might help him to understand just how difficult it has all become for you.

• Posted

Thank you though I meant my partner will kick me out if I talk about my issues. Dad is struggling with hearing them all. It's scary for him to hear my wanting to end things. Thank you for responding
    • Posted

I am surprised to hear of your partner's disinterest in your problems.

Despite what you say about your dad I am very sure that he will not let you drop.

You say that you are expecting your meds to change, have you any idea when that is likely to be?

If you feel that your situation is worstening there is absolutely nothing to stop you going back to your doctor to seek an urgent appointment.

You say that it is scary for your dad to hear you wanting to end things. Does that mean you are considering suicide as an option, or did I misunderstand what you said? 

• Posted

My partner does not understand mental health he has really tried for months of me being off work to understand but there's only so much he can take things picked up and so he can't cope with the thought I'm unwell again! I'm on my last chance to start a job and stick at it. There's been several over the last few months he's tried to help me get to and I've not managed. It's a lot to cope with.

Medication wise they are thinking of trying pregablin, I have a mental health team working with me. Not sure how soon I can see psychiatrist waiting to find out. I'm not keen on the taking preganlin, having lost weight (the plus side to nausea lol) I don't want to put it back on! Though I can't take the nausea anymore so......

I have tried suicide previously and sadly the thoughts are back.

• Posted

I would say this to you Clora, your life belongs to you and you alone to do with as you wish, but where there is the thought of terminating our life we should give a thought to the effect that this will have on our families, partner, children and friends.

In your case it is clear that you love your father and your partner, so just imagine if you can what effect such an action would have on them.

It is not my intention to put you on a guilt-trip, but merely an attempt to implore you to take these things into serious consideration.

Life is not easy at the best of times Cleora, and it can be particularly difficult where there is the added complication of illness.

When we are in the thick of our problems it is not easy to see things too clearly, and that is why I am trying to give you the benefit of my experience and say to you that everything will work out for you in the end, providing you give yourself enough time for it to happen.

Death is the final curtain, when everything ceases other than the dreadful recrimination and loss that we leave with others when we go. 

Psychological problems do take a lot of time and patience to sort out, and that is why those who suffer need to adopt survival strategies for the times when the black hole of depression sets in.

I would say to you this, try to find reasons to live and not to give up, things that we call survival techniques and become accustomed to using them whenever you feel low.

It costs absolutely nothing other than a bit of time, patience and thought but what you can get out of it is beyond value.

• Posted

Your words are poignant to say the least. I respect and appreciate the advice you are giving. I am working on fighting the good fight rather than give up and letting it all consume me! Your words of wisdom are a great help. Just when I start to turn it around I crash so I need to refocus on dealing with the crashing and not giving in! It's hard to explain the nausea-panic-worsening nausea circle and hard to break it. Thank you so much for your time x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.