anxiety tremors.... can you control them?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, been suffering with mild depression brought on by stress and anxiety for a while and went to the doctors the other day as was struggling to keep anything down.. Whilst in the room talking to her, I started to cry, nothing unusual there but then all of a sudden I started to have a panic attack and my whole body started trembling and I couldn't stop it since then it has happened a few times and the doctors said they are anxiety tremors and quite common. Does anyone know of a way of controlling them?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You can try taking Atenolol or Propanolol by doctors advice. It works to control tremors.
  • Posted

a non medication way is to do progressive body tense and relaxation. it isn't a quick fix but can give you a sense if control even though the tremors are happening. also builds confidence that the tremors aren't dangerous as you can work through them. good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.