Anxiety, Weight Loss, Nausea

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. It all started with a generalized anxiety, panic disorder and agoraphobia diagnosis which later evolved into a constant feeling of anxiety, panic, depression, paranoia and emetophobia. No doctor I've been to has heard of anything similar to what I'm going through, most of them compare me to a chemotherapy patient except my brain is behind all the nasty side effects, but for no apparent reason. I lost 45 pounds in a short period of time, I'm unable to eat or drink at most all times, and as time went on it's only been getting worse. Not just when I'm stressed but even when I'm at home the whole day, doing nothing, I still can't eat or drink. I drink about 0.3-0.5L of water a day which is dangerously low (3.5-4L is recommended). I feel nauseous 24/7, my mouth is dry, my muscles are wasting, my stomach is cramping from hunger yet when I try putting food in it, it doesn't want any. Every day is the most excruciating experience ever. My doctor says there's no reason for me to feel this way, to have these symptoms yet I feel like my body decided it doesn't want to live anymore. I've done every test, nothing's wrong with me except for my blood which, obviously, can't be good given my eating and drinking situation and my blood pressure, which is really low, again, from my food and water situation. The only part of my condition my doctor acknowledges is that my kidneys are on the brink of failing and that I need to start drinking and eating asap. He sent me to a psychiatrist, which was no help at all. He gave me anti-emetics, which made me feel extremely depressed and weren't much help. I can't focus in college, stomach cramps from the hunger coupled with extreme nausea, feeling lightheaded and weak, I've been missing almost all lessons and am about to drop out and skip the year. There's no point. Life is literally hell. I've been to a psychologist and two psychiatrists who all have no clue what to do. Benzos help for about 20 minutes, after which the bad feelings come back. I can't go on antidepressants because they mess with the stomach even more and I'd die before they kick in, so I'm on alternative Sulpiride capsules, which are of no help. Anyone have any advice? Meditation? Natural remedies? Am I in a constant panic attack fight or flight mode which is causing everything?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Turn to GOD. He is the one that can help you. Jesus loves you. He died for you to have life abundantly. Pick up a bible and ask GOD to speak to you. He never denies one of HIS children. Seek Him for answers and healing. He is waiting for you.

• Posted

Not helpful unless this person happens to follow your religion. How do you know whether they are a very different religion or are an atheist or something. I presume your religion has cured you so can't help wondering why you are the site? Unless you are trying to convert others by bible bashing?

• Posted

This sounds to me more an eating disorder such as anorexia. Go back to your doctor and find out. You must get help immediately as you will die if you don't eat. Have you got family and/or friends to help you? Enlist their help x

• Posted

My psychiatrist says I suffer from something opposite of anorexia, I've been deathly afraid of losing weight (I was never satisfied with my weight, I always felt not big enough, I wanted to be heavier), which somehow created a vicious circle of negative thoughts and anxiety which in turn make me unable to eat. When I was younger stress always used to affect my stomach first, I'd always be nauseous before tests or tournaments, even throw up. For some reason one day out of the blue I started feeling that exact nausea about every aspect of my like going outside, college, eating and drinking or even literally doing nothing, worrying about what I'll have to do in a few days. And it hasn't gone away since. I'm going to the doctor's tomorrow, I've read about appetite boosters and will ask for a hormone level check up. Pretty much my last hope

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.