Anxiety when I'm unwell.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm currently unwell, I have the beginnings of a migraine and a nauseus feeling. My anxiety levels are the worst they've been for ages.

I always get more anxiety when I'm unwell and wondered if this is a common thing amongst people who suffer with anxiety??

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Any change in the norm can make anxiety worse,but it's really all down to the triggers of any individual. Some will be the same, others won't, anxiety is very individual

• Posted

It's very normal. It's normal to feel anxious when something is array in your body because you never know what's really going on. Naturally if you worry you will probably jump to the worst conclusion. I am assuming you have suffered from migraines before! As have I. Anxiety and irritability are very common with migraines.

Ride out the wave, take some good pain meds and stay in a dark room (works for me). Don't be anxious although it's normal to feel that way when you are getting sick. Just as you are feeling sick now soon you will be feeling great like you did yesterday!

No worries :-)

• Posted

yes i get very worried about being unwell, because of the anxirty it triggers. its good for me to now know im not alone with this xx
  • Posted

Thanks for the response guys, so glad to know it's not just me.

Anxiety has carried on to tonight even though I don't feel ill anymore.

Feel like a big panic attack is building up now though so we will see what happens tonight I guess x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.