Anxiety with bouts of fissure pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there

like most of you all who suffer with this horrible experience ive had fissures on and off for about a year . This page has helped me through some really tough times so comforting to know your not alone . I'm generally a person who has anxiety and this issue is really starting to bother me more then usual as in mentally I'm just curious has anyone had a colonoscopy to make sure there's no underlining condition? im just not sure if i should push the point with my doctor . Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had fissures since October 2018 and like you it have being in and off . i truly do not want to go through surgery but I am at the breaking point. I will try one more time (fiber, lots of water and stool softener) and if this doesnt work then surgery. I am scared of BM at this very moment because it reopened again ... o

• Posted

hi there im sorry you to are experiencing fissures and you've been through this alot longer then I have . I've been to my doctor this week and are now awaiting to see a surgeon about my options I guess I can't get in until October in the mean time I guess like you lots of water and my creams that are costing me a fortune one relief that I have found is sudo cream it has really taken that sting away after a bm . Its just my luck id get something chronic like this and its not really an issue my husband wants to hear haha but hey in sickness and health .

• Posted

Hey Karen,

Well my doctor prescribed me today Nitroglycerin ointment( relaxes the muscles) which cost me like $35 because my insurance didnt cover it. Try to stay away from fibber supplements because it will give you bulky and painful BM. That is the reason why my fissure reopened. Just try to add more water and add milk magnesia to soften your stool. Give it like a week and I am sure it will get better. Mine got better for a few days but I listened to my doctor and I resumed fibber supplements and now I am back to the pain.... This has seriously taken a big toll in my life and truly which I can heal it and be back to normal and keep the consistency in my diet (Veggies, fruits, water and stool softener).

Try to use baby wipes instead of paper towel and I usually use vaseline before a every BM and I dont insert my finger to the anus because my doctor said that can worsen the tear... I wet Q-tip with aloe vera and then add plenty of vaseline.

I will also try add the sudo cream since before anything so I can keep my cut clean.

Thanks and I hope to hear from you,

Carmen

• Posted

Hi Carmen

what a great idea with the Q-tip I will definitely give that a try. its so mentally draining aswell I'm constantly thinking about it 😩 . I try to be as healthy as possibly I exercise most days definitely need to uptake my veggies though so that can be my goal for this week . I think I will deal better if I set myself some weekly goals make me feel like I'm in control i guess.

• Posted

Hey Karen,

Well like you I am keeping my fingers crossed that I can get in control of this situation . I am totally drained and exhausted.... I have a 6 yrs old and it breaks my heart when she sees me crying (like this morning ). anxiety is killing me ... dont get enough sleep either.

I hope things get better for both of us and I just ordered sudo cream.

• Posted

Hi Carmen how have you been the last couple of days ? I do hope the sudo cream works for you as it did for me . I've been pretty good the last couple of days not in alot of pain I can still feel it there but its not mentally annoying me like last week . I have 4 girls they range from 3 up to 14 and my hubby works away for weeks at a time so if I'm having one of those days they pretty much know about it but I'm pretty honest and there like mum yuck your disgusting haha so they don't bug me anymore about what's wrong. just let yourself have those bad times and don't fight the anxiety I've had terrible health anxiety for a good couple of years now and I've gotten atop of it but still have rough days I try to just go with it abit hard when your constantly in pain tho just know your not alone .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.