Anxiety with depression

Posted , 2 users are following.

tried several a/ds, my body just cannot cope with ssris so on mirtazapine with diazepam.  It used to work to give a nights sleep even with horrendous nightmares but now i am waking early with distorted thinking tied into nightmares which are vivid.  I have had these since the mirtazapine.  Next suggestion is to add abilify or even maybe lithium, can anyone tell me if either of these will help my anxiety and bad wakings please

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ann,

I have been on Lithium for 1 year when I was fighting depression.

In my opinion it did help me feel better but I don’t know if it’s going to work out for you because I have never had sleeping problems when I was in depression – just the opposite.

Try it and see, but I know that to really see results you have to take it for more than 2 months.

I was taking one pill every day.

I hope this was helpful!

• Posted

Thanks, all info helps.  

Do you take anything else with lithium, im not sure if my dr will give me two different ones as some people seem to take two.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.