Anxiety With Stomach Problems

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey All

I recently Posted on here but need a further discussion.

I’m 23 was developed anxiety around 8 months ago 

Symptoms

-cheat pain

-headaches (ongoing) 

Back ache especially lower back

-Testicle Pain

-indesgestion/loser abdomen pain

-always lightheaded 

-constantly Worries about health

Recently My Indegestion has gotten that bad I wound up in hostpial had blood test all came back fine I have some of my organs scanned and all come back fine had mri came back fine! I’m just worried because I was not feeling anxious at all before this indegestion started it was for about 2 weeks off and on and was mangably but the last couple of days have been a night mare indegestion loser stomach pain and back pain and it has stressed me out heaps because I’m unsure of my anxiety caused this or the pain caused my anxiety so I’m super scared use the worst thing google for my symptoms and always found worst possible solution I just wanna know if anyone has had indegestion to this extent where you didn’t wanna eat and had back pains with a mild itch it throat that’s making you cough super scared at the moment and thinking I’m going to die at any given moment 

Please help sad

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Jason,

I'm 33 and I developed the same symptoms as yours around your age. With the difference of the testicular pain which I developed in 2015 and suddenly vanished after a year.

All of these symptoms are from Anxiety. The anxiety causes all of these symptoms that It's scary. Though, you've mentioned all the studies done, and nothing came out of it. Go seek professional help from a psychologist and if he or she thinks you'd be better off taking medications to help you in that road of recovery go for it.

• Posted

When I am suffering from anxiety and stress I become more sensitive to the smallest aches and pains and it's very easy for me to become much more sensitive to them. I have been suffering from indigestion for many years like you I ended up in the hospital as I was having for the first time palpitations with indigestion but I thought I was having a heart attack but they very quickly told me I was clear for a heart attack. I went back to my GP who prescribed Omeprazole which worked wonders it cleared my indigestion that took away the burning pain, also the loose bowel movement. The palps I still get now and then, what I do is deep breathing exercises holding my breath for as long as I can and let it out through my mouth slowly. This does help most of the time. The other times I just need to remember these are not life-threatening. I would suggest you see your doctor and explain the problems if you haven't already.  The headaches could be if you are continually taking painkillers as these do eventually make headaches worse. Like I say see your GP or go to the NHS walk-in centre. I still am going through anxiety and stress and I am seeing Iapt (NHS counselling service) and this does help. I hope I have helped in some way and wish you all the best. biggrin      

• Posted

Hey Allen

With ur indegestion did you ever experience a senstitive spot for example when I touch where my stomach is really lightly it cause a sharp stinging pain? 

And for headaches I’m not currently on any medication for them I just try to relax and I am seeing a psychologist smile 

Thank u for ur response 

• Posted

Hi Jason 

Yes, I did get a sharp pain, this was connected with indigestion and I got it checked out and had a camera put down my throat to check for hernias, which I have a small one and now taking the medication as I mentioned before this has taken it away. 

Hope this helps biggrin

• Posted

Thanks heaps 

I’m currently at hospital because of this thank you hope it’s all ok in end smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.