Anxiety Woes...

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

After suffering anxiety symptoms for the past two months and going through hell, I was actually starting to feel a bit better, more relaxed, no panic attacks. Happy that the doctor had put me on medication that seemed to be working. I started to feel strange again yesterday, I felt really tired. I slept from 2pm until 10pm then again from 2am - 9am, this isn't like me as I am usually an insomniac. I have numb arms and legs and pins and needles in hands and feet. Went to doctors today he said it was still the anxiety and to keep taking my medication and give it time. Then i started to worry that every health problem will be blamed on anxiety and how will they know if something is really wrong with me? I feel the same way I did back in September when things started, the tiredness which scares me the most because as I said I used to be a hyper person full of energy. Is it normal for anxiety to just come out the blue? and is tiredness usually the first sign? Is it normal for anxiety to go for a week and come back again? Sorry for long message. Thanks for reading xxx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I understand and have suffered the same thing and I also have always been a high energy person.But anxiety can be steady or fluctuate and come out of the blue or even when you think you are relaxed watching tv.

I have had it for years and so many symptoms that you can just ask me I have had everyone +.

I would try to keep myself as calm as possible because worry will just make it worse.

It sounds like it is highly likely that it is just anxiety.

I did go through a time when I was so tired from anxiety that I would fall asleep at the dinner table I just couldn't seem to get enough sleep at that time.

It can affect you in many ways even strange ones.

Also some meds can effect you that way especially in the begining.

The symptoms of numbness and pins and needles sounds like you were trying to have an anxiety attack and the meds were kicking in.

Think about this way you started with anxiety right?

Why would these new symptoms suddenly be something else.

If you think of it in this way it will help you to stay calm.

It is easy to snowball your negative thoughts and build them up in your mind until you cause another attack.

try to keep busy and don't worry if you feel like you need to take a nap for a while.

I am sure things will get better.

Remember just breath.

• Posted

hi my name is linda and I was just wondering if u had chest pains and pains in ur left arm with ainxity iv had it for about 4 months now I also get back pain and it feels like a lump im my throught and the chest and left arm pains come and go 24/7
    • Posted

Hi Linda

Yes, i have had chest and arm pains. That is the scariest symptom as it feels like a heart attack. I've also had numb legs, back pain, stiff neck etc . The symptoms are end less sad

• Posted

Well of course the best advice is to always check with your coctor first have him check your heart so you can rule that out.

Once that is done and your doctor believes you only have anxiety.

Do what ever you can to stop any negative thoughts.

don't allow your thought to take over and spiral out of control.

don't let yourself think it might be something else.

keep busy and keep friends and family around as much as possible.

Don't worry.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.