Anxiety, worrying, and panic attacks

Posted , 5 users are following.

Im suffering. Im so scared to die. I mean i worry about death 24/7. Im scared. I also have heart palpitations occassionally strong ones. I cramp a lot in the chest issue or maybe they are called spasms. I tried to talk to my mom about it and she laughed at me. Its getting worse. Im getting worse. I have all these new opportunities opening for me like new job i got excellent grades this semester but my anxiety is taking over. What if im dying ...i fear i have a heart problem. Im scared my heart will stop beating. Idk what to do...

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I use to be like this! I feared there was something wrong with my heart after having palpitations it caused massive anxiety and panic attacks I really know what you are going through! I thought I was going to die, this was over 10 years ago when I was 24 and I still get the heart palpitations to this day and they don't bother me one bit now! , I'm still alive now! All that worrying and anxiety (Trust me I was in a right state for about 6 months) I learned how to control my anxiety and my thoughts. I still suffer from GAD but no where what I was 10 years ago! I'm happily married, I have a son I have been on aeroplanes abroad I've done a lot of stuff and I haven't let anxiety get in the way! Take care sweetheart your not going to die! Learn to breath properly long deep breath in hold then let it out again keep repeating this works wonders for me

• Posted

Hi Pamela , would You share here how You learn , how to control anxiety and thoughts ? I just wonder , what else I should add to my self helping to control anxiety . I do exercise , deep breathing , meditations .It helps , so far I don't use any medication .Thanks . Donna 

• Posted

I felt like that it is anxiety it the fear of it being worse than it is but mybye see you're doctor to get the all clear that what I did and it does help i got tablets to help

• Posted

Hi,As a sufferer from anxiety since my childhood& now 60!I can. relate to how you're feeling.Firstly you will not die.Have you tried reflexology? Lavender oil is also very good.Keep thinking lots of positive thoughts.How old are you? Do you have any family member who you can talk to? Happy Christmas& deep breaths when you're having a hard time.regards Amanda

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.