Anxiety, worrying constant rocking swaying

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

I’ve been suffering anxiety since 2013, it has gotten better but now my new symptoms are this constant rocking back and forth, hear jerks, feels my eyes will give out and when I walk I tend to lean on the right side of my body. Feeling disoriented, depressed, confused. I eat healthy and work out everyday. One time I had a brain scan back in 2013 also and it had minor white dots, but the dr said it’s nothing and how my spine looks perfect. Going to the doctor tomorrow to double check ears. I don’t know majority of family including my lovely hubby says it’s mental, but it makes me feel worse. Not on meds either. 

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Feel kinda like your on a boat? SwaYong sorta? I have that too. Since march. Most recent symptoms is jerking. Or muscle twitches everywhere though . I'm a 36 yr old mother of 2, and the last 2 yrs have been stressful, but I refused when this all started, to be told it was caused by stress. I've had ct of head mri x2 of head aND neck. PelVic ct....2 ENT doc, 2 eye doc amd a neurologist. Plus full blood work. And nothing. I've had brain fog, eye issues like they won't adjust right, or there's a film in between my eyes aND the world, fatigue, headaches here and there but those just started. Off balance, and swaying. I'm working woth a good ENT/audiologist right now amd he did a bunch of balance tests which seemed normal. I go back in oct. I also just changed docs.

Reg docs don't know a lot about this stuff. I refuse to the whatever meds they throw at me because they don't know what it is. Your def not alone.

There are sooo many people on here with our symptoms. Some are attributed to vestibular issues also. It's all very depressing because it's life changing, amd t he only people who understand, are the ones going through it.

I feel for ya, but your not alone!!

• Posted

I have the same thing. My eyes won’t adjust correctly. I just got a new stronger prescription it helped a LITTLE but still. It’s like my eyes can’t focus correctly because there’s so much strain. Sometimes I feel like they jump. I got a million tests done too, brain MRI, ENT did audio tests, everything. Nothing was wrong... 

The ENT has a balance therapist there so I was seeing him and he said it’s vertigo. Sometimes it worse. Sometimes I’m okay. The past month has been bad and it’s really messing me up mentally. It gives me so much anxiety (more than I already have)! It’s a never ending cycle. 

• Posted

Yeah, me too.

It can be really bad. It takes FOREVER to go away from these vicious mental attacks. I still go to work and the gym and just force a smile. Then cry in the bathroom praying for it to go Away. Even typing looking down I am swaying and with head jerks. Never fell over but there are times I felt I was. Horrible just horrible...

• Posted

Ugh! I have never fell over but (I cut hair) and sometimes I feel a little off & my anxiety takes over. I legit start having a panic attack while cutting someone’s hair!! It’s horrible. I don’t want to seem weird and step away... I just have to push through it. It’s horrible. It effects my everyday. Working or not ): 

Agreed with typing on a phone or computer, some parts of the day I just can not look at a screen ): probably a good thing but still sucks lol. 

• Posted

I did not read earlier comments, but did you ever get your eyes checked? I’m going Wednesday. Hopefully they find something so they can cure or help me. I read an article that as soon you feel “better” from stress or anxiety, anything your mind takes forever to calm down hence the rocking swaying. Everyone dismiss me for mental but I really think it’s something else that is causing my anxiety, I really feel it is physical I just pray they find it, if not, then cursed for life. Yep, gotta keep pushing, I travel a lot to and sometimes even during vacations I feel so s****y, rocking swaying have to close my eyes to feel better. 
  • Posted

hi .i had my very first attack back in january ..foggy head .servere vertigo .being sick coz of the dizzeness . i had m.ri done too and my ears are fine but like you i have white legions on the brain .which i have been diagnosed with vestibler migranes ..prob is people dont understand ..who dont suffer this condition. its terrible and disableling .my attack lasted continuous for six months ..i had no life .no work nothing . doctors dont fully understand it . but im taking meds now subscribed by my nuerologist ..helps so far but still have attacks but not as long . my thoughts with you its awful .vanessa .
    • Posted

Hi Vanessa,

I see my neuro doc on Monday for results of all my testing but they are thinking I have vestibular migraines as well even though I don't have an actual headache when my dizziness attacks start.  Can I ask what type of medicine did they put you on?  

Thanks 

• Posted

Hi aimee i dont always get headaches either ..i can just wake up with vertigo and it last weeks everyday . Sometimes months . My neurologist has put on verapamil .i started off ob a low dosage but recently has another attack so im on double meds . Hope this helps ..its terrible i really know what your going through x
  • Posted

I’m going through the same thing. My anxiety is bad. I’ve always been a nervous kid growing up. But since 2015 my anxiety has been BAD. I’ve been dealing with vertigo for a little over a year now. My vertigo flares up then goes away and the past month I’ve been in a flare (if you can call it that). I KNOW my anxiety makes it more intense. anxiety causes so many physical problems, including dizziness. 

I do take antivert Which helps, but doesn’t cure. So it’s extremely disheartening and depressing. I get it. I go to work and come home and do nothing because I can’t.... I always feel so crappy )): 

Try to submerge yourself in something that makes you happy. Anything really. 

• Posted

Hi, what do you do for anxiety? I'm too afraid to start taking anything. I'm trying to work on it myself. My worst symptom was my eye, but now it's the constant feeling of not seeing things right (clearly) and a constant feeling of air in head or something so makes me feel of balance or lightheaded. Super hard to explain, but pretty sure most of people on here understand what I'm talking about.

It's great that tests are coming back normal, but this is life altering. Some days are ok, but then bad days are bad. I'm even monitoring blood sugars to see if that was the culprit. Anything my insurance covers, I try lol. Trying to figure it out myself since nobody else can. I don't drink alcohol anymore. Maybe 1 if I'm feeling g ok, but thats it. Never was a big drinker anyway.

I had 2 stressful yrs wjere my dad passed in 2016 amd in 2017 my mom was diagnosed with a brain tumor, but non cancerous, and was removed. But I took care of her, she had surgery may 2017 amd july 1 was the first bout of this out of sorts feeling. Only lasted 2 weeks though. March of this yr is when ot all came back. Was told it was labrynthitis, pretty sure was misdiagnosed....it's Def a long road. Now I'm getting muscle twitches..so something new to figure out sad

• Posted

Did you have tour eyes tested? I did x2 and nothing. Even audio tests checked for nystagmus (which was told I had orgionally) and it picked up nothing. I go back in oct to see if there's anything else to discuss.

• Posted

I don’t think I had my eyes tested. I’m not sure. I did have audio tests done. My physical therapist did do the eply maneuver. In which he could see my eyes jumping back and forth (and I had taken my vertigo medicine that day & they were still jumpy!!) 

For anxiety, it’s a lot easier said than done. But just really try and focus on your breath. Or just anything to take yourself out of your own mind. I do take CBD capsules daily & I also have a liquid that you take sublingually. 

I used to like to drink wine occasionally but I can’t anymore. I have a few sips and it doesn’t feel good. I mean alcohol in itself makes you feel unbalanced lol I don’t need to add to it 😂

Stress is definitely huge. I’ve been dealing with this for a little over a year now. And it comes and goes. I have bad months then I’m ok for a little while. But this past month I’ve been in a flare. It started the day of my cousins funeral ): I woke up and legit felt like I was spinning. I couldn’t drive myself which ruined plans I had for that weekend. It sucks. It’s been bad now since. A legit month. I don’t know how I get through some of my days ): work is insanely stressful right now so it sucks ):

Just try and focus on your breathing when you’re feeling anxious. Like I said and I KNOW It’s alot easier said than done. I get it. You’re not alone love.

• Posted

Your eyes jump woth that maneuver and they don't think bppv? Mine dont move woth that test. The last few days the feel like they focus in and out really quick when looking at far distances. But I've been to eye doc 2 times and he sees nothing. Are yoy in canada too?

My bf told me to try CBD oil for stress, does it work?

• Posted

yes BPPV. i can’t move my head too much or too quickly. Sometimes I’ll be ok and the next second, boom. Dizzy lol. 

I feel like my eyes twitch period. 

I went to an eye doctor like two weeks ago. But again, just wasn’t happy with it. I want to really talk to them about my problems but nothing seems to be wrong with my eyes ? Idfk 😩 I lose focus very quickly so that’s exrremely frustrating when I’m working or writing something. That’s when I feel like eyes twitch. I hate it. 

I use CBD everyday and I swear by it. It definitely helps. Just find a dosage that works for you. I started with 15 MG. and it works for a while but I needed a little more. I take 25MG now. Sometimes I take a second one which is fine. I feel like my body digests and gets rid of things very quickly which is good but frustrating in many ways lol.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.