Anxiety Worse during pms

Posted , 3 users are following.

Anxiety worse during PMS

Despite a stressful week in regards to my relationship I'm due to start my period next week. Does anyone experience their anxiety more intense before and during period my symptoms are nausea, agitation, dizziness, sore nipples, nervousness and worry.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Yes I have all the those same issues during and surrounding my period before it comes and still have those symptoms a few days after it goes and headaches too
    • Posted

Yeah they still linger on after, and I also get horrible headaches too
    • Posted

Yes it definitely piles on heavy around my period I also get this shakey / nervous feeling , head and neck tightness , sore breast and nipples , ugh I barely want to take my bra off because they are so sore .... and the list goes on , but especially the headaches and head pressure that's the worst of them all

• Posted

My anxiety gets really bad right before my period. I get super emotional too. All the stress causes my period to be late. As soon as I finally get my period it's like a release and I feel alot better.

• Posted

Yeah I used to experience late periods but I got on birth control to regulate it.
    • Posted

I can't take birth control. ?? Your post is seriously my life right now. My period was due on Tuesday. My anxiety starting building and building. Still don't have period but still have anxiety. Grrrrrr

• Posted

Yeah trust me I didn't wanna take Bc either but last summer I had an abnormal period that lasted three months because it so irregular so I had no choice. But I will say try not to think About your period and it might show up. Do you have an anxiety disorder or only during pms?

• Posted

Oh no I've had anxiety for at least 15 years now. I'm on Zoloft. I started reducing my dose and the anxiety came back with a vengeance. Now I'm increasing it. It makes me so nauseous. Ugh

• Posted

Oh ok I'm on sertaline (Zoloft) 50mg I've been on it for 6 weeks now I feel it was working for me the first 4 weeks but I'm thinking about increasing my dose. It made me nauseous as well too

• Posted

I was taking 100mg and feeling good. Everytime I increase I get more nausea. Which gives me more anxiety. Plus anxiety wears me out physically and emotionally. And it makes me feel sick. Then I worry about every ache and pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.