Anxiety worse in the mornings

Posted , 11 users are following.

does anyone else fee like this, I wake up (that's if I have slept of course) and I'm filled with dread.  My husband goes to work very early and I hate him saying he is leaving, my anxiety is dreadful in the morning and sometimes lasts all day, when I go to bed at night I already start worrying about the next day!!!! I am on day 9 of 20mg of citlaopram and propanadol so hoping meds will start working soon.  But does anyone fill withdrew due in the morning??

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

• Posted

Oh my goodness mornings are my worst at the moment! I wake up with horrible butterflies in my stomach, have to get up because of diarrhea, and then I'm starving. Those are my worst panic attacks throughout the day but the butterfly feeling usually stays with me until bedtime sad I just started Prozac yesterday so I'm hoping it will help!
  • Posted

Morning are usually worse for anxiety sufferers I find having a drink and a snack next to the bed to eat before you try getting up really helps xx
  • Posted

hi i do sympathise, so what do you do with your day?  best to do nice things to get through, is nt it awful, what are your other symnptoms , do others get heart fluttters adn breathless, thats what i get.  And yes when my hubbi goes if im awake it s panic also thou have you had recent trauma, ive had 3 bereavements so wondered as it is any wonder if you have had things happen .....

• Posted

Yep me to .. I have about 4 seconds as I wake of peace in my head .. Then my health anxiety kicks in... And so another day of mind talk begins .. It sucks ...
  • Posted

Omg the mornings are the worse its like i struggle all day from there until i finally feel a little relaxed at night just to start all over again I've been on citalopram for about 18 months and i honestly want to say the morning anxiety vanished within the first month of 10mg citalopram unfourtanitly this past 2 weeks its beeen back I'm on day 2 of 15mg hoping to get to 20 and things will smooth out again it doesn't last forever one day you'll wake up and be like wow its almost over until one day it is finally over.
  • Posted

I can definitely relate. My husband works nights so we both sleep during day and up at night and I must say I also dread when he leaves for work cause I feel so alone when he is not here. We live with family but everyone else is in bed so u can say I am alone. I was diagnosed with anxiety 3 weeks ago and was given xanax for a as needed basis to use when I get attacks but need something that I can take and stay in my system to continuously work. Any ideas ? I have a Dr appt today so hope I can get some relief .
  • Posted

Yes mornings are so bad Like you I don't sleep that well maybe a couple hours but I think that is due to n e taking diazepam before i go to bed with a couple of glasses of wine.

I feel so lonely in the mornings and the thoughts of all the mistakes I have made are in my head all the time. Life seems pointless at the moment

• Posted

So I am feeling pretty awful this morning, I have no energy at all, feel sick and feeling pretty low, don't want to get out of bed but have to as I have 2 children, does anyone else sometimes feel like this, I'm on day 10 of meds
    • Posted

I don't have any small children but I can relate to not having any energy feels like my body is drained. I am nauseous now and laying down and don't wanna get up but can't stay in bed all day. Have you had your vitamin levels checked ?
    • Posted

No energy probably is from no appetite I can only stomach bananas and that's all I've had in 10 days, does anyone know if you can take multi vitamins while taking citlaopram and diazepam ??
    • Posted

Hi, you really need to eat something which gives you more energy. I eat alot of bananas, because I'm always trying to control my weight and theyre very healthy and not very calorific.  But if I've only eaten them and nothing else for a couple of days I feel weak, trembly, headache, etc.

You need some carbohydrates really. I had awful anxiety for several months - just constant - this year, then I recoverd somewhat, but now its been been replaced with depression and feelings of hopelessness, and lack of interest in anything. 

I definitely understand the awful anxiety and upset when you are left alone in the house. I had it so bad that I didnt want to know the time, and took the clocks of the wall and my watch off, and turned the TV, computer and radio off, as I just didnt want to know how long I had to wait until someone came home.

Have you talked to your doctor about this. I was offered an anxiety course, but didnt go because by the time I could I didnt feel anxious anymore!

• Posted

Hi, I did have some physica health problems as a result of a whiplash injury which slowly got better with physiotherapy, and that helped alot - feeling better. I have had some drug dependancy issues - prescription drugs, which I was struggling with, and didnt want to own up to. Again, I eventually did this, and after some hassle, and interventions by the mental health services, I managed to get on a programme to gradually reduce my intake, which I am still on and sticking to.

I think the anxiety was due to the initial shock of having to be honest about this and the impact it would have on my life, and parlty due to hormonal imbalances - I have just gone menopausal, and so was going through some pretty weird stuff hormonally, which seems to have balanced out more now.

I just got some good news today, so I feel cheered up since my last post. I applied to do some voluntary work, and I just had a phone call from the place I volunteered at and they want me to come in to talk about wha I could do there on Monday, so I might actually have some purpose in life again!!

• Posted

You hit the nail on the head.  My anxeity is through the roof in the morning.  I am on a course of zoloft which I just started 16 days ago however now I can not seem to sleep and wake up at 3am and I am unable to get back to sleep.  My anxeity just starts to rise up from 3am on.  I take my pill around 6AM and I do not think my anxeity starts to go down until about 8AM but even then I currently still feel sick to my stomach all day, no idea when these pills will actually kick in and if it will help my morning anxeity.
    • Posted

When I was given Zoloft years ago I was told by my Dr it took about 4-5 weeks to get in your system before u will start noticing any difference.
    • Posted

I was told that to, I was alos told that you should see the side effects dropping off within a week or two.  Thus far that has not happened.
    • Posted

Well you know they say what medicine works for someone else may not work for you. I would give it some more time. Do u take anything else ?
    • Posted

Currently no just the sertraline and I do have Adtivan as a security med but have not used them.  I feel it works as I have seen a reduction in panic attacks I just wish the side effects where not so strong.  Or it could just be break through anxeity.  
    • Posted

Only thing I take is xanax but on an as needed basis. Going to Dr today to see if they can give me something that can stay in my system to keep working cause I have severe dizziness and all.the other symptons everyday.
    • Posted

I wish you luck at the appointment hopefully they will get you started on something and you will not have any or atleast on minor side effects until it kicks in.  I have good days and bad days but mostly bad right now.  My anxeity started because of a health issue and they say I have a health anxeity with panic attacks.  Hopefully these meds will stop me from over thinking everthing.  My therepist said bodies make noise and when we have anxeity we are hightend to these noises even tho they are normal bodie noises.
    • Posted

Thanks and I hope so too cause I hate having these attacks it just interferes with my everyday life and activities .
    • Posted

I can relate to it interfering with everyday activities, I used to be so active and now I just a lump on a log.
    • Posted

Yeah I use to be active too but now don't wanna go anywhere just wanna sleep so I won't have any attacks. Luckily I have a wonderful husband that supports me 100% even though I know it is tough on him too.
    • Posted

Yes my wife is the same very supportive but it does get me down that I feel I have failed her in that I can not just stop these feelings.  Her and the kids are my driving force to get better.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.