Anxiety worse of an evening

Posted , 7 users are following.

so i suffer with severe health anxiety. im having counselling but i am finding i can be ok all day that bam - dinner time comes and my anxiety is through the roof all evebing into bedtime. waves of fear run over me and i sit on the edge of the bed terrified to go to sleep. why is this only happening after 6pm and does it happen to anyone else

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Dear Suzanne

My guess is it's different for each of us how we experience our anxiety.

Mine is worst in the mornings and becomes better during the day. I've found out that darkness calms my nerves so evenings are great for me.

• Posted

My anxiety woke me up last night in a state of panic...i thought my heart was stopping! it was racing though and waved of fear rushed through...its lasted all day, but mine usually comes at night too...

• Posted

hi suzanne mine comes on a teatime to im fine in the day i feel like im going to collaspe palpertations its so scary

• Posted

i know exactly how you feel mine starts around 5pm every night i start getting the sweats and its awful i know my anxiety is kicking off so ive learnt now that when the time is coming i need to prepare myself for it but its still hard i still panic every night i always think im dying or theres something seriously wrong with me

• Posted

wow are we the same person?

im ok in the day but as soon as it goes dark outside i feel myself panic! i also get triggered with times in the day if i havent done what i need to do by midday i panic

i go to bed scared of what the next day will bring its constant when i get panic attacks i never get them in the day always at bed time as soon as my head hits the pillow im like 'nope' and i have to go downstairs fight to breathe and eventually i fall asleep on the sofa

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.