Anxiety worsens

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had severe anxiety for 9 months now I was diagnosed of general anxiety in Feb and I was put on pregabalin which made my anxiety worse so 8 weeks ago I was put on fluoxetine I was only on a low dose of 2.5ml which had side effects for 4 weeks but then I gradually got better until I started having heart palpitations at night don't know if it's coz I'm getting a lot of stress from my kids behaviours.. so my psychiatric told me to up my dose to 5ml which I did 3 days ago all I have felt is bad anxiety and fearing of dying.. I rang them up told them I can't cope anymore so she told me to go back to 2.5 till Monday and I've got to go see my psychiatric also they are testing me for ADHD..but I just feel so bad I feel really bad and my heart feels like it's gonna stop

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, palpitations are closely associated with anxiety.

I have suffered chronic anxiety for six years and over the last year also noticed the iregular heartbeat.

I had a 24hour monitor fitted and a full ultrasound heart scan, all was well.

The more you think about your heartbeat regrettably the more anxious you will become about it.

Make an appointment with your GP to have it checked out anyway then you will have peace of mind.

All the best

• Posted

Totally same as other reply . Your anxiety is sky high . Glad your seeing docs etc. Palpitations with my anxiety are horrible , convinced the worst but had for years now and know they'll pass. We just want someone with a Chrystal ball to look into future and tell us nothing bads gonna happen. Sadly vast amounts of us live like this. We all get that feeling I can't take anymore. Keep talking , especially when panicking . I always say it's part of my therapy talking to people who know how this feels. We need reasurance to battle these constant negative thoughts??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.