Anxiety & Your Noggin

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm just curious, really, to see if anyone has experienced what I am experiencing. It's not that bad, as far as symptoms go, I just wanna know if anyone else has experienced it and that I am not just imagining it. 

So, I don't suffer any pain in my head. None whatsoever. No headaches, nothing like that. Instead, I get this feeling of tightness, especially on the top of my head, my scalp and my temples. It's a strange, little feeling, honestly, not painful. I described it as feeling like someone is lightly pushing down on the top of my head.

Am I alone in this?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

when I get this my ears ring-tinnitis-but it comes and goes.  I told the doctor and he said it can be sinuses-I asked how on the top of head and he said nerves can be felt on the top of head by temperature as well as pressure changes so I stopped worrying and I'm still alive and that was years ago
    • Posted

Frank, it's you, again! You are quickly becoming my own personal life saver on this forum, and I thank you for that. I have been having problems with my sinuses and feeling like I can't really breathe through my nose. Another thing I thought is that maybe the muscles around my head and neck are just tense and tought. 
    • Posted

can you have someone rub your neck and temples?  maybe a warm compress?  I get my bathroom all steamy whenever my sinuses are stuffy or take a shower and let the water hit my face.  I am so happy if I can ever help anyone and your posts remind me that we truly are unique and human with all our qualities and or flawssmile
    • Posted

that's what i have been realizing more and more with each day that passes, that although we suffer from these tics and they drive us crazy, it's these things that have almost made us into a community, and we can be there for one another, because we understand what each other are going through. And, I dunno, there is just something nice about that.
    • Posted

yesw-I cannot imagine how we managed without the internet!  no pun intended.  Can you imagine what it was like when an ambulance was nothing but a couple of guys driving a station wagon and they would toss you in the back and drop you off at a hospital.  and my Lord-you didn't dare tell a doctor about fears-they would lock us up!  I know everyone likes the good old days but honestly they wern't so good in more ways than not.
    • Posted

I have taken solace from this forum and the people on it so many times; sometimes it's nice to know that you are not alone. Even if we're not necessarily able to physically help one another, sometimes just knowing that there are people who have been, and still are, where you have been, makes all the difference.
  • Posted

I get this as well, it almost feels like pressure in my head
    • Posted

yes-it is good to know others have these (I call them) Tics-and we are naturally sensitive to every little thing
  • Posted

I get the same thing. I usually get it in the back of my head, right above my neck, as well. Sometimes it happens in my neck. I also, get it around my temples, which scares me the most. It feels tingly.
  • Posted

Ive had strange scary head sensations for goin on a year now some days are better than others feels across the bridge of my nose or im guna have a fit or stroke my hubby calls them head farts lol x
  • Posted

Still experiencing this one, don't like it at all. It's as if the skin on my head is too freakin' tight, or like someone is pushing down on my brain. sad 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.