Anxiey Attacks or Heart Disase

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I am a 34 years old and currently having some weird issues. For the past months, I am suffering chest pain. The pain location transfers from one location to another. I have consulted already to 3 different physicians about it. I have undergone ECG, Blood Test and Urinalysis. The 1st diagnosis was Pleurisy. The physician advised me to take Norgesic Forte, antibiotic and some broncho asthma capsules. The pain did go away for about a week but was there again after I have completed the needed meds. On the 1st week of June, I rushed to the ER since the pain on my chest was throbbing. I was afraid that it was a heart attack already. My BP was 150-100. The doctor performed the 3 tests; ECG, Blood Test and Urinalysis. The results were normal for ECG but my Uric Acid was really way off the charts. I was given amlodipine 5mg and allupirinol for maintenance medicines. I stopped taking allupirinol since it makes the chest pains strong. 

I have change my diet for the past few weeks as well. I am eating fish and chicken breast in exchange for pork and beef. I am 1 month sober from alcohol and soda. I've managed to cut down my cig intake to 5 sticks per day. 

My mind is really playing tricks on me or do you think its a heart disease? I am scheduled to take another ECG, Blood Test and Urinalysis on the 1st week of July by the way. Hoping your feedback on this. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like. CLASSic anxiety. Your constantly worry that it could be heart anxiety will kick in. Pains in chest , heart racing etc. Plus no fags and alcohol is great but your body probably misses these and that will increase anxiety. Keep getting checked out and I'm sure more people on here will reply if you have more questions??

• Posted

Thanks Edwina!

I think I'm just paranoid but I think its also a sign to have a lifestyle modification. 

• Posted

It doesn't sound like any kind of heart disease. See you primary care Dr. Chest pains can have so many different causes, anxiety and stress is the most common.

• Posted

thanks careful1. i think i am just being a paranoid android.. but will continue with the healthy lifestyle..
    • Posted

You are most welcome and yes healthy life style is the best thing you can do for your heart smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.