Anxious!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Have an appointment for Meniere's!I have read all about the test and just hoping it isn't.... I say this while the sound runs through my ears....

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Wishing  you all of the best, it's natural to be anxious, but the diagnosis is important  - you have got to know what you are dealing with - good luck and go well!

• Posted

Best of luck to you, Carol.  It's best to know so that you can begin treatment as soon as possible and get back to your life.  Keep us posted...Let us know how it went!

Take good care,

J-

• Posted

Hope all goes well Carol. Hang in there. Your not alone!  
    • Posted

It's amazing, complete strangers wishing me well, and believe me really helps. Thank you don't feel as alone as I did. Nice people can and will always make a difference!

• Posted

I wish u the best of luck

It's very scary thing to live threw it took my Drs 4yrs to finally figure it out for me

Best of luck honeysmile

• Posted

4 yr's is a long time, must of been hell for you. I'm hoping the ENT will throw light on it.... Well I'm hoping it isn't Meniere's but then wonder what else can it be but until I've seen them and get results will just have to wait.... but thank you for wishing me good luck, you never know might just work....

• Posted

It would be interesting to hear Shannon's remedy after 4 years. I only had it for 7 months  - terrible vertigo attacks, tinnitus, brain fog etc. I lost my job, felt depression, a lot of anxiety etc. and the only reason I tell you this is that irrespective of your diagnosis, know that you can beat it. I saw the ENT on 11 occasions, audiologists, had MRI, AMI and researched it extensively. I went to the hearing clinic, homeopaths and took copious amounts of medication. From my experience (and I am sure its different for everyone) I can only give you this.

1. The medical fraternity  and pharmaceutical industry is a money making racket (without prejudice)

2. Betahistine helps a lot, the rest is rubbish, I even had cortisone injected directly into the ear.

3. Diet is everything, become a herbivore for just 2 weeks.

4. If your trauma does not get better see a Neurologist, I found their help far better, especially regarding the nerve stimulation so vital to the brain. The singing in your ears is from the brain, not from your ear.

5. Learn how to do the EPLEY maneuver at home.

After all of the above, but especially the diet part, I woke up one morning and it was gone (took its toll - 80% hearing gone in my right ear) so most probably viral. I still have slight tinnitus, which I think of as my happy song and am very used to it cheesygrin and I am back - so know there is a cure.

Go well!

• Posted

Yes, would be good to hear how Shannon copes with it now. Your post has made me feel more positive as I'm nearing my appointment ! Great you've managed to control it gives me hope. Do you wear hearing aids? Wish you well....Carol.

• Posted

Carol, I never went to a dietician, but ate only plant life, lots of different veggies and fruit. I did it for 2 weeks and researched different recipes from the net - basically became a vegan and although it was tough for me (big meat eater) I felt so good. Now, I try to stay away from dairy (milk and cheese) and eat meat twice a week (only because I like it so much).

The absolute no no's at your stage is no smoking (hopefully you don't do that in any case - I did), caffeine, salt and chocolates. I was also over weight and had to lose 10kg, which I did - I find a brisk walk helps a lot and did a lot of exercise to stimulate my nerve endings around my ears and neck.

Its tough, but so worth it, that detox for 2 weeks is really amazing. Also the reason you get nauseous from the dizziness is that a lot of nerves sit in your stomach, thats why the betahistine helps so much. Anything that helps nauseousness helps, I believe where you are now. At one stage I was on 12 different tabs and including vitamin D and B  - the side affects are bad and in retrospect quite irresponsible from the doctors - don't get me wrong, you must seek the medical route, but question their motives (humbly). Also, I am no expert, just talking from my own personal experience because I know what you might be experiencing and its not nice - but take place from the fact that you will beat this and have a normal life - don't let your mind play tricks on you.

• Posted

Thank you , needed positivity! I understand completely Motives) Foolishly smoke and have done for way too long but did up for two years only to start again and smoke even more ... I am going to try and stop again because I know it effects so much! I love meat to but have no problem retricting it! Vegtables always a plus for one's health and definitely don't eat enough of them and more fruit. My bug bear is salt and know it isn't good. You're an inspiration and thank you for time in replying. May have taken you time but you did it .......Thank you once again it as really helped knowing I can if diagnosed with ( MD) help myself....Carol.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.