Anxious

Posted , 3 users are following.

anyone else comfort eats? I've put on so much weight and hate myself! My parents come back tomorrow after 2 weeks away and they ar so judgemental and make me feel worse about myself and now I'm having an anxiety attack thinking about them coming back and as they say people see more hen they haven't seen you for a while and I feel even bigger th past few weeks of eating so much rubbish. The more crap I feel th more I eat! Help me!!

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Yes, yes, yes!  And I've yo-yo dieted all my life.  Have you thought of checking to see if there is an Overeaters Anonymous in your area who can help you find a way out of this vicious circle?  There isn't one close to me but if there was, I'd be there like a shot!  My mum used to call me "Chub-chubs" and tell me I looked a mess whereas she thought my sister could wear anything she wanted to and carry it off.  I could spend a life time blaming her but it is me who puts the food in my mouth; I have to fix that bit!
    • Posted

My reply must have been too graphic lol. 

What I was trying to say was, in your defense, your mother insulting you is incredibly cruel and I get very angry at people like this.

• Posted

It's not nice being judged by family, it's worse. Would be great to have some sort of group, I'm dreading tomorrow morning with her and Dad coming home. I need to lose weight but it's hard to when feeling so down and alone! Very true, it's my own fault for eating but I just want it all to stop. I hate myself and life for that matter sad thanks for your reply x
    • Posted

i know, it's not just her, it's Mum Dad and three brothers and little old me on my own and I'm constantly judged. Feel incredibly low tonight sad 
    • Posted

There are management strategies for this though.  CBT is supposed to be really useful as is Transactional Analysis.  Perhaps you could speak to somebody you feel safe with about getting help to find some of these strategies.  It won't save you tonight but might make you feel better for the future. Families, who'd have 'em! x

• Posted

CBT is awesome but I personally haven't found it useful for comfort eating...but it does help a lot when I am really upset
    • Posted

Please try not to hate yourself. You have an illness and you can't help it. You could tell your parents that you are trying to eat healthy but it takes time, and their support would be helpful. You could even tell them that if they continue to put you down then you will not listen to them anymore. 
    • Posted

Parents don't realiise the damage they are doing when they talk to children like that, especially when comparing to your siblings. My sister had the same problem and the eldest one was a favourite. She was 'perfect'.
  • Posted

Oh hell yes! That is why I am looking into cutting out gluten, because gluten intolerance has depression and sugar cravings as symptoms

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.