Anxious about my renewal date for UC Limited capacity

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was lucky last time and didn't need an assessment. I have bipolar and possibly autism (I'm being assessed soon). I just worry I won't get it again. I can't hold down a job so it's my only real option. When I done the test online I score high marks. I haven't been violent in my manic episodes recently so that will probably mean I won't be put in the support group. I'm grateful I'm not but concerned that I'm going to lose out now. I have bipolar which is a life long condition and I want to be on this benefit for life. I doubt I will but I don't want to have to do an assessment every year. If you are on it long enough do they put you on it forever?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Universal Credit is different to ESA and as you talk about UC limability capability then no those new rules don't apply to this. They only apply to the in ESA Support Group.

If you haven't been sent another UC50 form then i wouldn't worry about it until you recieve it. In the meantime you can start to gather as much evidence ready for when you do recieve it. Hopefully you'll still have that limited capability for work related activity (support Group)

• Posted

They were brought out last year but as i said they don't apply to those claiming UC.

For those in the Support Group (only) for ESA if you come under a certain criteria and tick all of the boxes then after your next assessment, it's possible you'll never be re-aassessed again. NOT everyone will be eligible for this and it's only for those with certain conditions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.