anxious all the time

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,im consantly worried im diabetic...they sent me me for a test which i had to fast but i eat a bit of a mars bar before i went and my results come back good i told them i have eaten before they said still okay ?anyways im always eaten other wise i think il die., i am almost sure im dying. If i dont eat i feel weird and i get inside shaky senstion ..im constanly looking for signs to do with diabites or low blood sugar., is there something seriously wrong or am i just thinking it...xx

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Natalie, chill.

If they said ok, then trust them. They do those tests all the time and most likely know what they're doing.

As regards eating. That's silly. You won't die just because you're not eating at that particular time. What possible le reasons have you got to say that? What evidence? Why do you think you'll die?

The shaky sensation, I get that also at time when I don't eat for hours. Apparently its to do with low blood sugar. I am not diabetic either.

You seem like quite an anxious person, in which case I'd guess that there's nothing to worry about and you're making yourself think there is. That's called hypercondria.

However, do follow up and seek medical advice. Do that as soon as possible. If doctors say you're fine, then accept that and maybe just tell them how you feel about it. 

Good luck!

• Posted

Thank you for your reply i have spoken to the doc and he said its all anxiety..i just cant help but think theres more to it and maybe could b seriouse..sad
    • Posted

Trust him and calm down.

Just try to accept it and you'll be fine. Even if you were diabetic, it isn't the end of the world. Medical technology has advanced a lot in the past few years.

Just try to be logical with yourself and ask for reasons why. Write your thoughts down on paper and then look over them. Often you'll look at it at a later date and think 'why did I think that?'.

Basically, just try to look at the situation from a level headed pointbof view instead of expecting doom.

Xx

• Posted

Yeah i get where ur coming from,its.horrible being only 24 and im struggling xx
    • Posted

I understand, I also had it when I was younger. I'm only 28 myself.. Wooo, I was 28 yesterday!

I had it when I was 21. I think the key is to realise that you're going over the top. Realise that its just your head telling you things and that its not actually realistic! Analyse your thoughts and decide what is total rubbish and what makes sense.

Also try to keep busy. You have to think about it to accept it but if you keep busy, its easier to not let it escalate to a panic attack.

When I was about 23, I got used to it and it went.

X

• Posted

Hi it sounds like you are suffereing with "health anxiety" I have this too, I think it's all part of GAD (that I suffer with). I'm constantly worried I may have underlying health issues that are causing the anxiety/depression when I'm just trying to deny to myself that I'm ill & should probably go back on meds. Whenever I hear someone tallking about a health issues I google the symptoms etc & drive myself nuts. You're not alone in this behaviour!

I think mine started as a learned behaviour from my mother, she was always reading health encylopedias & suggesting that I may have an auto immune disease or something. Not helpful! 

If it makes you feel better for getting blood tests etc then good. 

I read somewhere that depression can make some people feel like they have a brain tumor. This is clearly because they don't understand the symptoms.

Try & relax if you can & realise that the anxiety is driving you nuts & tell it to go away out loud.

• Posted

Hi Natalie,  I've got diabetes and an acute anxiety and depressive disorder so I understand exactly what you're going through.  It can be easy to suspect a low blood sugar (hypoglycemic) episode can be an anxiety attack and vice versa as both are very similar with shaking, confusion,  rapid breathing etc.  Achieving a balance with your diabetes,  food intake and medication can be quite a task when your constantly worried about it.  Your priority is definitely control of your blood sugars,  then you can eliminate the effects of diabetes on your mental state.  I would suggest a discussion with your GP about a course of dietary awareness,  whats good to eat and when you eat it.  No salt, sugar or fat including fried food cakes, biscuits and pastry,  lots of fruit and vegatables and a little bit of meat.  But always have 5 jelly babies handy to take when you feel a hypo coming on.  Diabetes and mental health is a big and wide ranging topic and you need a lot of help with this.  I'm glad you were brave enough to post this,  it's a good start!

Take Care

Donwink

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.