Anxious and frustrated

Posted , 5 users are following.

Here I am, up late again.due to concerns about my heart. It was so comforting to read stories about EXACTLY what I experience. Sharp pains around my heart. Cramping feeling in my arm. Headaches. Started back in Sept. Had multiple EkGs, take hime heart monitor and echo. All came back normal. Thyroid test normal. Only issue is high cholesterol. In my mind high cholesterol is going to cause heart issues. Needless to say, I always question why and how anxiety an cause physical pain. Its so baffling. ...sometimes I feel like Im losing it.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Well, over long term high cholesterol can cause issues in some people, but finding it now gives you the chance to make changes. It's usually easily managed with dietary alterations.

As for the pains and headaches, I get exactly the same with anxiety along with a host of other symptoms including dizziness, blocked throat feeling, cognitive issues and brain fog. the cure comes with acceptance. You'll probably find that if you start eating right, a bit of gentle exercise and getting enough sleep that'll help clear both your mind and body. Best wishes to you!

• Posted

its awful isnt it, im on here every day with my own anxeity state obsessed, worried to death and readin g seems like hundreds of us in same boat, thee just must be common reasons what links us all though and i wld be so interested as to root causes.  

i am waitingfor hear t monitor absoutely terrified what will show up although needing to now in the hope i can be helped aso so frightened the worry and fear all the time now.  alll the best all

• Posted

Thank you. Thats exactly what I have been doing. Changing my eating habits and exercising plus starting to takes my medication. I refuse to become a prisoner of this bs.
  • Posted

Hi kristina

I had the discomfort in my stomach yesterday it just started hurting badly where i felt like i was going to vomit or loos my stool 

The pain got really bad then all of a sudden i had diarrhea 

I don't know if it was due to my anxieties or eating lunch meat it the meat could have raised my heart rate to where it hurt my stomach but this has happened before with lunch meat i can't eat processed food due to the salt in it. 

I am scared of eating a lot of food then having laperoscopy done at the begining of January and my stomach hurting it caused me anxieties why is my stomach hurting like this and why am i loosing it all of a sudden 

I don't know if my cholesterol is up i need to check on it 

• Posted

Hi Lovely! I posted this on another thread but I think it might help you as well. I hope xx

The thing I've found is that anxiety manifests itself as physical symptons even when you dont feel like you're 'stressed'. For example with my first panic attack I didn't know what was happening. It came from nowhere. When I went to the doctor the next day he said is was stress manifesting itself in a physical way becaue I didn't let things get to me on a day-to-day basis. I thought he was full of crap but here I am 4 years later, still with the same symptoms (which I've learned to live with) all because my subconscious is worried about things that I have no idea about??

It sucks but there are ways to cope and my most recent doctor explained it in a way that sort of made sense.... which was basicaly that, if the brain thinks it's in danger it releases adrenaline to protect itself. It acts first and thinks later. That's why there are physical symptoms when you might not necesarrily be worried about something. 

If you haven't tired anything I'd suggest taking magnasium, as the supliment can help repair the nerve receptors that misfeed information back to the brain. Or alternatively something that allows you to take control of the situation. Wearing a rubber band and snapping it against your wrist during a panic attack can help to reset the situation. 

• Posted

Thank you. Your explanation says it all. I have had such a difficult time understanding why I "think" I feel normal and then the "weird" feelings pops up. Although the cardio md says my heart is good, the doubts are what drives me insane. And the majority of my discomfort is ALWAYS the left side. Go figure. Smh. I just want to be able to get over this stressful time of my life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.