Anxious, and not enough answers,,

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am now almost on my 5th month of heavy uterine bleeding.I am 53 yrs. Old,never made it to menopause yet,,had a lot of embarrassing situations of bleeding through all of my clothes. I have had ultrasound at hospital ER dept,,was discovered I have a 13mm thickened uterine lining ,a very high estrogen level,,referred to a Gyn who did several office exam room biopsies. .all came back negative.but bleeding now fir 2 months a watery pink fluid,,called Dr.back set up appointment for a sonohystergram, but after ultrasound started tech. Hot Dr. Image shows unusual appearance on my still think uterine wall..next day in the OR for a hysterectomy and a D&C,crampy and still having pink watery fluid filling my pads..waiting on Pathology. My daughter called Dr.bec5 I wasn't able to eat or sit comfortable. .due to excessive bloating f and pain in the ADOMINAL cavity,,back to a exam from..GYN.nit sure where all my fluid is coming from..really? Come on pathology, ,don't feel like I'm being taken seriously. Has anyone else had any issues like mine? No fibroid tumors or polyps were ever found either..getting discouraged and anxious..

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi. You have mentioned in a couple of your posts hysterectomy. Do you mean hysteroscopy? An examination of the inside of your womb? 

If you had a hysterectomy, removal of the womb, you will be experiencing pain and discharge from the operation.

A hysteroscopy will also cause you to have discomfort, cramping and a discharge until the lining settles down again.

Some of the symptoms could be due to the start of perimenopause, heavy bleeding, bloating.

Hope you get some answers from your GYN soon.

Write back, hysterectomy or hysteroscopy?

Lots of lovely ladies on here will be able to sympathise with you and offer advice.

For now try to relax, look after yourself, and breathe. I take passionflower which helps a litle with the anxiety.

Take care

• Posted

I don't know what to say. I am also having problems, waiting to be scheduled for a hysteroscopy. Also so nervous. I had a biopsy four months ago, all clear and now bled again, very lightly. I hope your pathology is clear. Let us know.

• Posted

Maisie05,

Hismile where can I get passionflower? And are there any side effects

Thanks

• Posted

Hi Lotti,

I get mine from holland and barrat. Says on the box may cause drowsiness, so I take mine in the evening. Anything that helps me sleep is a bonus!

• Posted

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. Yes I did mean hystercospy, ,didn't proff read enough to pick that up...these smart phones out smart me sometimes.lol..I just get discouraged after bleeding/leaking almost 150 days,,and told I'm not in menopause stage yet from GYN. can be discouraging...I am trying to be hopeful ,but cancer is so prominent in Mt family.We list our Mom in 1994 from matasized breast cancer, 2 of my Sisters lost their breast to cancer already,and we have tested negatively to Braca 1 and 2 genes.we do have a unidentifiable gene in our DNA.So I will hold on to hope,but I am willing to sign anything just to be done with this excessive uterine bleeding.

• Posted

Thank you,and I will keep everyone updated,,this forum helps others who are facing the same challenges as us,and as woman we are naturally sensitive ,caring to others and naturally give when we can...I hope everyone out there fighting what ever battle realizes staying strong spirituality will help us through the good and especially if we are dealt with bad,,because as woman we HAVE to be strong.
    • Posted

Thank you. Yes, but at times it is hard to be strong. This past year has ruined my confidence. I was never a needy type, and now I hate being alone, feel disaster lurking etc. It is awful. When is your hysteroscopy? Try to be calm... Hugs!
  • Posted

Hi hon, yes, need to know if hysterectomy or hysteroscopy?

And how long ago was this performed?

I'm so sorry for your distresssad

• Posted

Hi lovely, I had a period that went on for 150 days and when they did the ultrasound said I had a thickened womb lining and that was about 3 years ago next month. I am now in perimenopause and levels are so whatever they should be when you are done they don't know why I still have periods. I had no period for 6 months then this year I have had two bad ones 4 weeks apart, then nothing for 8 weeks then a 4 week horror bleed, then nothing for 4 months and then a 2 week bleed, and then I had to have another scan - thick womb lining, must be fibroids or polyps and want me to have a hysteroscopy. Well to be honest I was like no - you can do a hysterectomy but I am not having a load of messing which might then then be a hysterectomy anyway. So now I have had a really bad bleed again - I think I am on day 13 but I had that pink watery period for 10 days before I started bleeding, thought I was bleeding to death last night but once again haven't. Anyway, reading this I have decided I am having no messing around and will let this play out because you are right being scared and anxious, I am fed up being scared and anxious. Hang on in there and see if you can get some tranexamic acid to slow the bleeding for now - it only worked once for me but once was all I needed to get my head back on track. Lots of love and hugs xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.