Anxious and Twitchy

Posted , 1 user is following.

OK, I am having an odd morning. A bit dusrupted with having to take my dad in to hospital so had to get up earlier than usual. Now I am sitting at work and feeling really nervous for some reason. My pulse is racing and I cant stop wringing my hands.

Not sure if this is just one of those things or if it is to do with the fact I had cookies for breakfast (as out of house too early to get anything helathy). I guess it could be a sugar rush?

I just feel very anxious as though I am waiting for bad news. Don't need this. I felt fine a couple of hours ago! :twisted:

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hiya Lelly :cheerup:

im not surprised your feeling a bit iffy Lelly, it sounds like a bit of an 'adrenalin rush' to me, :? what with especially the hospital visit, hospital smells/sights/sounds etc etc and the disruption to your normal routine, with our illness all those things are bound to make us anxious, they would probably make a healthy person a bit anxious :wink:

if you cant hack it, take the rest of the day off and try and relax, theres no point in fighting it and making yourself worse is there, if ya boss dont like it, tell him i said it was ok lol :wink: 8)

cheers,

Ken~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :cheers: :rose:

• Posted

Cheers Ken,

you have made me feel better. I thought I was going mad!

I am feeling a lot better. Switched the coffee for a herbal tea and took a walk outside.

I would love to go home and relax but as I have a nervous mother there (probably would ask every 5 mins \"how do you think your dad is\"wink, I think I will be better off staying here.

Pulse is slowing back down again and headache has gone. So, panic over. Back to stability.

Lellyxx

• Posted

good good, all part of the service missy :ok: yep, sounds like you are better off at work lol :? :wink:

all of a sudden, me living on my own sounds pretty good again, cant be bad !!!! i must be getting better too lol :mrgreen:

cheers,

Ken~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :cheers:

• Posted

Hi

The anxiety is all part of this terrible illness, think the flu increases it to begin with anyway. Am on week 5 and really feel crap, situation at home is really bad, so am moving into bedsit asap, even had threats made against me. I spent weekend on edge, just wanting to end the day so I had couple of drinks which did work, calmed me down, until last night when I got hammered, which is really bad coz I had some silly thoughts!

Not sure if I want to be on my own when I feel this low, but I have no choice. I hope that flu kicks in soon, or it will be back to GP !

Has anybody not felt any better after 6-8 weeks?

Stu

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.