Anxious, Boring, idk

Posted , 3 users are following.

I haven't been diagnosed and I haven't been to a psychologist. I don't think going to one is a good idea either, despite having some problems all of my life and having some problems in the past too. 

I've been extremely concerned lately (like half a year now), about the way I am regardless stress and personality. 

- I enjoy having debates, conversations e.t.c but I avoid them a lot. Even when I'm talking to someone I'm close to, I avoid saying some stuff thinking I might sound stupid, cringe-worthy or anything bad like that. And because of that, I end up actually sounding stupid, cringe-worthy and all that because I overthink it. And I seriously don't like it, and it results me in thinking how the conversation could be differently

- I'm not natural. When something good happens to someone, they jump around out of joy, they say something out of excitement but that isn't the case for me. I feel uncomfortable showing that much emotion in public or in front of people in general. When I try to do it, I feel weird and plain uncomfortable and when I don't, I feel bland and boring. I can't win at all and it's frustrating. 

- Lately, especially, I've been more stressed than ever to the point I overthink the way I talk, think and the stuff I do. I can't even breathe properly anymore because I feel a restricting feeling in my stomach constantly. There's been some stuff going on too and I can't be bothered explaining it to anyone. Like I seriously can't be bothered to at all and when I do try, it won't come out because I feel like there's no point in explaining. So in result, I just constantly mumble about how stressed I am, without giving anyone a clear understanding of how I'm feeling. It gets tiring for everyone and it gets tiring for me. 

- I have unwanted thoughts a lot of the time. Whenever I'm sitting alone or doing something, I'll get explicit thoughts which are mostly triggered by stress too. I'll try a lot to stop them and it'll work sometimes, which is a positive thing I'm satisfied with. But then I have suicide thoughts, cutting thoughts and just self-harming thoughts in general. I don't plan on doing all of that, since in my personal belief it's a stupid thing to do. I've done it in the past and I regret it strongly. But these thoughts won't stop and it bothers me a lot. 

- I feel like God has abandoned me too. I'm a Muslim in faith. I believe in God strongly but I've broken promises I've made to God. Because of that, I feel like God is angry with me, he doesn't want to hear my prayers and he just isn't happy with me at all. Which adds to me feeling lonely too. 

-The only person that helps with my constant stress wants to be alone. And it's tiring for him, especially with our past and I feel extremely lost because of that. 

I feel like I'm a boring person. I want to avoid that, but in order to do that, I need to find out more about me. 

Is this normal behaviour and something everyone goes through in their life or should I be concerned and try to fix it? Or just live with it and put up with it? 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Well I think that it is unusual behavior for you.  That behavior is normal for me, but I am an anxious person.  

Why do you say that you would rather not go to a therapist?  Because I feel like if you do, you can get many of those questions answered and it will ease your worry.  Going to a therapist is just like going to the doctor.  It doesn't mean you are labeled as mentally ill.  It's just like a check up.

• Posted

It isn't about the "label" regarding others, but it has to do with my mental state. I believe that if I go to a therapist, I'll convince myself that it is indeed serious and it'll be harder to fix it. 

Right now, if someone tells me it's unusual and gives me some tips, I just might be able to fix it. I haven't tried because I always saw it as normal behaviour, but it's definitely worth a try.

That and because it costs money which is a problem atm 

• Posted

Definitely.  Just incase though, you always have doctors ready if you need them.

So the thing that helped me most was reading.  I looked up books on anxiety and I read a highly rated one.  The techniques for stopping anxiety were incredible.  I recommend you do the same.

Seeing that you are not too deep into the anxiety, I also recommend writing five things you're thankful for every night in a journal.  I do that almost every night and I always feel a shift in my mood.  Especially if you do it for at least a month, you will notice a different in the way you see things.

Hope this helps!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.