Anxious Girlfriend-Does he need to go to the ER

Posted , 4 users are following.

Help

bf has chiari malformation, syringiomyelia and a shunt. He has had a lot of pain more than normal lately but figured it was because he also hurt his back.

He hasn't slept well past few days either.

Earlier he flipped out on me and he was being so unreasonable and rigid and and the level of intensity did not seem appropriate for what he felt i had done. I had to leave and come back. Gone less than 15min

When i came back he was sleeping and I had to pound on the door for him to let me in. He was not angry at all anymore and looked confused and said "i thought you had left".

I had a bit of a panic attack and 20 min later got it together and went to wake him abd check for blocked shunt symptoms. He was hard to wake and never fully did it seemed. Annoyed I kept asking questions and said it felt find and in rhe past it had a lot of pressure and he doesn't feel that now.he was very sweet and affectionate with me until he got annoyed. I kept asking him to stay up with me for a bit so I knew he was ok. I asked him several times if he remembered us fighting or what we arguing about and he couldn't tell me. Je aaid he didnt remember me coming back either.. His tube and entry at the back of his head feel different to me but I don't know if I read symptoms and now looking for them and just anxious. He says it doesn't feel like problems he jad before and feels fine. No neasuea. No pressure.

How do I know if I have to take him to ER or if I am just scared? Help please

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If something doesn't seem right, it is better to have it checked out. If u don't go to er definitely call Dr in morning.

• Posted

Hiya, I have Chiari Malformation too.

Sometimes if I've had a bad fall, regardless of if I've hit my head, I will think I'm ok. However, my partner, who watches me constantly, will always know when something is "off" before I do! I have been known to get irrational lol and I'll be telling everyone I'm fine, when I can't walk across the room in a straight line, or can't talk properly or, like your boyfriend, remember things.

Sometimes I think our partners see things even when we don't, because if there is something wrong, sometimes it affects things like our memory and rational thinking. That's my experience, anyway. I'm not a doctor obviously!

If you're worried, and you notice changes in him, then maybe try and encourage him to go with you to see someone. Good luck! I'm a terrible Patient and never want to admit there's any the wrong so can be very awkward for my partner to deal with sometimes! I don't know how she puts up with me sometimes 😂

• Posted

Hi Claire, as for me chiari is quite a serious condition= if anything happen to me that is worrying..I will call the ambulance..without any doubt...better preventing something than be sorry, we all paying tax or it...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.