Anxious PIP

Posted , 4 users are following.

Got my pip assessment tommorrow for rheumatoid arthritis. Getting really anxious now even though I have lots of medical evidence. I had a dream last night that the assessor didn't believe me because I was having an 'ok' day.. and he shot me! Lol. Oh the joys.

Also I was diagnosed on Friday with achilles tendonitis and a bakers cyst. Atos don't even know about this yet and I'm worried whether I should mention it or not. Eek!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

H iEnglishRose63  I have rheumatoid arthritis both knees this is what happen when Atos took me of sick benefit even my own doctor said you can still work with arthritis i never claimed any other benefit they put me on jobseekers then on i2i to find me a job which they did only lasted 6 hours due to my knees giving up on me becaues you had to stand up all day and you get 30 minutes break. the job was easy sorting out waste but my legs couldnt take it. now am getting money stopped for walking out of my job they all knew i have rheumatoid arthritis and even told them, if you can move your fingers and arms then your fit for work  jobseekers told me to say at job interviews say nothing about your rheumatoid arthritis unless they ask you, I hope you do pass dont sit too long in the chair listening to them if your in pain move about i didnt they found me fit for work, i want to work they promise you training you dont get it, and their isnt a job out their for people with arthritis any how if you have all the proof then they should find you unfit to work, dont worry about it appeal if they find you fit.
  • Posted

sorry EnglishRose63 you were writing about pip my mistake.
    • Posted

Haha it's ok billy.. I do work part time and don't want to finish work. I love my job it keeps me sane (although I do work with primary kids lol). It's just pip I'm applying for. I have RA in most of my main joints and the flare ups are a killer lately.

Anyhooo onwards and upwards so they say! X

• Posted

Hi Rose,

C'mon Rose you must not dream of Assessors, they would be nightmares! If ATOS doesn't know of a certain condition you have, you have two options:

1. Declare it at the Assessment

2. Wait for the outcome, then use it in an Appeal

Personally, I would see what the ATOS or Maximus Assessor is like with you, then make the decision. But, bear in mind the assessment is based on all your disorder/s or issue/s.

If you have any problems like being refused let me know and I will send you details of a website that not only fills the forms in, they will appear with you at any assessment, or appeal. They also do PIP/DLA/ESA and all other benefits, and have a 95% chance of winning your case, on your behalf. All they ask for is a £1 donation for their services, which I think is good value for money.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Hi Les

I heard that dwp won't accept any new diagnosis' after the decision has been made. Not sure how true it is?

• Posted

Hi Rose,

I'm not too sure on that, I know there is changes being made on new claims and these are already outlined in the new Guidelines.

In my case that wouldn't make sense because my main disorder is re-diagnosed every so often, the condition itself stays the same but it has many variations.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.