anxious scared cutting

Posted , 4 users are following.

from yesterday to today ive been really anxious more than normal hit a really low point and doesnt seem to be getting any better or easier been looking online for groupls to join and share my experience think this is the best place i need to vent sorry if i go on

my anxiety has been so bad today i couldnt go out at all to be honest i fond hard just looking out of the window ive sat alone all day no one to talk to its always the same ive tried to get past it i really have keep giving myself a talking to i think i talk to myself to much sometimes anyway back to the point and im really sorry if this isnt what you want to read or if this isnt the right group but i cant find another one similar to my problems im depressed in a dark hole in my life im really anxious and im cuting myself i dont fully understand why all i know is that for a few mins i get a big relief its like the relief is like a child holding on to a balloon and the letting go the balloon thinks yeah im free then it pops and i come crashing down to the ground im on tablets im seeking councilling but nothing is working nothing feels like life is worth it dont get me wrong im not suicidal but im not me either im just totally confused with myself right now and i just dont know what to do anymore as ive said before on here i live alone no friends no job to go out to and family live a distance away from me no easy for me to get to them or them to me im tired not sleeping much and when i do im having terrible vivid nightmares i actually woke up in a panic the other night anyway hope your your feeling better than i am atm and i wish you all well sorry i went on and on and on

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi Steve,

well done one for taking the first step and taking the step of opening up.

its good to talk on here, you aren't going to be judged and you can say exactly how you feel.

is the cutting a new thing ? How long have you been having counselling ?

i ask these questions as I know that counselling can make you feel worse before it makes you better, this is because it makes you think about and rake up all of those horrible things that we have pushed down and ignored for ages and now someone is asking you to bring it all up again and then deal with it.

the cutting if new can sometimes be out of frustration as there seems to be nothing else that works or has the same desired effect.

what do you think ?

• Posted

Hi Steve.

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Sounds as though life is tough for you at the moment. You don't mention in the comments if you've spoken to your GP/psychiatrist/psychologist/counsellor about the cutting, and life getting worse.

If you are getting some form of counselling and are under a mental health team it may be worth getting in contact with them. Even on an evening there should be someone you can call, to talk things through. I would say in the meantime if you don't have anyone to talk to from mental health contact either someone from MIND, or Samaritan's, or something similar.

I would

D urge you to go to your GP and tell them how bad things are at the moment, if you haven't done already.

Also medication may need addressing if you've been taking it for a while and still feel the same.

We're here to listen to and help each other.

My best advice though would be to go see your GP, or counsellor asap and be really open and honest. If you need to you can always take a print out of what you've written here.

I know for me it was a combination of counselling, the right medication - I tried 5 before getting on one that helped me, also support from friends and family ( I realise you've said you feel alone without any friends, but even talking on the phone helped me).

All the best

Tango

• Posted

i needed immediate help sunday evening, i was scared of self haming or even fullfilling suicide, i've read ur not suicidle, and i've never felt like self harm before, however i googled suicide hotline got thru calmzone and they advised to dail 999 an request ambulance, of which i was in hospitol over night, and it helped me, as i was'nt alone, and witnessed many ppl suffring from diffrent things, made me realise i have no appreciation for my life,

i've been seeing a GP an seeking further help for a few yrs now, hope the above is of sum use to you

• Posted

Hi Steve, Are you there? Say something, .. okay? T.
  • Posted

hello to everyone and thankyou for your advice im ok still here like i said im not suicidal just everythings seems cloudy for me right now im sure things will work out for the best in the end

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.