Anxiously waiting for colonoscopy tomorrow

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi! I am very concerned and anxious about tomorrow. I've posted before but everything has gotten way way way worse. My stools have been grey, I've been bleeding a lot more, I have lost 25 lbs in 2-3 months, and I have been fatigued like no other. I've had mono before and this tiredness is insane, I can't go to one class without being 100%exhausted and unable to leave my bed. And before I was sacred bc there was blood in my stool and no healthy 19 year old girl should have blood in there, but with this extreme weight loss I am freaked out. I am a size 2... the last time I was a size 2 was in like 4th grade! I was never over weight and ate healthy but I did a lot of sports so I was more muscular but I've lost all muscle. Also I was supposed to get my colonoscopy a month ago but it was rescheduled for tomorrow bc of an emergency surgery my GI had to do. But I've lost the majority of the weight this month and I feel like this all couldve been avoided.

The rapid decline in my health is wild.

Sorry this kind of became a rant and I don't know if it makes sense at all but I just haven't been able to talk to anyone about this bc they get weird when I say I'm scared so I've just kept my mouth shut. But anyways... I hope people can help. Just kind words would be nice bc I haven't been taken seriously until today when my mom finally said that i looked like a skeleton and that she was worried, which didn't really help my anxiety.

And I'd like to add I don't have that much of an appetite but I've made sure to eat even when I don't want to bc I don't want people to say I have an eating disorder bc I don't.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Elizabeth I'm so sorry u are going through this at such a young age. Did your gi doc do any other test on you besides scheduling u for the colonoscopy? Could the weight loss b maybe because you have been so atrsses out? I would tell you try not to worry but I don't think as much as I say that to you I will make u feel any better because of course your going to worry. I will pray for you tonight that everything goes well for you and will b waiting to hear from you tomorrow for an update to see what they say. I'm so very curious with what could b wrong with you you r so young to be going through something like this. Good luck to u u will b in my prayers tonight!

• Posted

Elizabeth-I'm so sorry to hear your  are suffering with dreadful  symptoms -after you have the colonoscopy you will know what the problem is-hope the results of test will make you feel less anxious.

Best wishes

Susan

• Posted

My colonoscopy was inconclusive bc the stupid prep didn't clear me out!!!! I did it all, drank every drop of that nasty stuff, didn't eat, and was miserable but there was still stuff in there. So that's cool. I still don't know what's wrong. Has anybody had these symptoms? My doctor said she wasn't sure what was going on and couldn't tell me anything bc there wasn't much she was able to see. Which I am just so confused about bc I really followed the prep to a T bc I wanted to know what the heck is wrong with me. 

• Posted

Elizabeth I just read your post I'm sorry you didn't get answers Did they go e you any ideas why your prep wasn't success full that makes me wonder and have they suggested anything else don't let this go please push for anything they can do

• Posted

Hi Tonie, I've honestly gotten so busy with school and work so I haven't had much time to focus on this. I've learned to deal with the insane fatigue and have just accepted that's my new normal. The weight loss has slowed down but still happening, I think it slowed down because of my purposeful overeating to counteract the weight loss. Also, because I've been so busy, I haven't had much time to fixate as much as I was on this so my anxiety is definitely lower but I'm still bleeding and (like the fatigue) I accepted it as my new normal. Mainly bc I felt 100% insane and doctors weren't helping and honestly just pushed my symptoms to the side and blamed them on mental health issues. I definitely have had mental health issues, but a.) they've been under control for 3 years and b.) it's ridiculous that no doctor has taken me seriously bc I have a past with depression and anxiety

• Posted

But the bleeding is dark and seems to be clotting so I came back on here to see if anyone had any information on that. It's starting to freak me out again bc it hasn't gone away and is dark.

• Posted

Elizabeth it's tonie aka wishing rainbow named by my cyber friends on inspire community I'm glad you are busy as you say it helps with your anxiety and am glad you are maintaining your weight I had enough of doctors doing the same thing to me when I know there is something wrong I'm actually at mayo clinic in Rochester Minnesota right now I called them a few weeks ago and they said they would see me and not one single doctor has dismissed my concerns maybe that would be an option for you I have their number if you would like it just let me know they have more than one clinic just wanted to let you know I'm not trying to intrude but I'm coming from the same place kind of as you I'm also on a forum called inspire community if you can find it its a wonderful forum and you can put the kind of group you are looking for I'm on a couple groups they are kind caring knowlegible people who may be able to give you some insight and they are very supportive I couldn't of got this far without them sorry this is so long and hope this helps you in some way hugs to you reach out to me anytime

• Posted

Dear Elizabeth I can fully understand why you are scared people always tend to blame anxiety on these conditions and I tell them anxiety didn't cause my condition my condition caused anxiety I hope you get answers soon as peace of mind is everything grey stools can be gall bladder or other not life threatening conditions I pray for a good outcome for you please try not to let it overtake you and not saying it will happen to you but I let my conditions take over my life and started seeing a counselor and the weight loss is a cause for concern may your higher power get you through this please let me know what you find out I'm here for you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.