anxiousness one day ok the next!

Posted , 11 users are following.

I know ive posted something similar before-my anxiety when i have bad episodes itmanifests through my physical symptoms.  im on 20mg on flux for 5 weeeks. and i still have such hard days. Yesterday (mind you I have had no energy and not able to do much at all since this episode started) and i think i pushed my self to far cuz today i got super tired and nauseous and anxious all day!!!! anyone get like this with anxiety and while on meds?

0 likes, 134 replies

134 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes it sounds familiar.  The side effects are terrible.  The Dr said they will go away eventually.  It’s hard waiting.
    • Posted

hi stacey,

omg i am just miserable. havent slept in 3 days. when i do fall asleep i instantly wake up to panic and heart pounding and high cortisole level. i dont have a problem falling asleep i have a problem staying asleeping longer then 5-20 min. still so shaky and not eating. im sorry you are feeling the same but glad to know im not alone. your in the early stages of prozac. i wouldnt count the zoloft anymore if your completely off it. did the doc have you wean off zoloft at all? do you think the buspar is helping? how are you feeling now? I had to take xanax right now just to feel somewhat decent today. still not eating.

• Posted

I wake up like that too, heart pounding.  I’m able to go to sleep, but I wake up every hour.  Still no appetite either.  I was off the Zoloft for about 3 days, so the Dr said I wouldn’t be starting over with the side effects, but it felt like it.  He started me on the Buspar 2 weeks ago, increased dose 1 week ago.  It was supposed to help with the anxiety from the Fluoxetine, so I wouldn’t need the Xanax,  but it has side effects also and I think it’s giving me bad anxiety.  I’m really shaky too.   I am going to Dr tomorrow to see what he says.  It is hard to go months on these with all these side effects.
    • Posted

Wow Stacey we are experiencing the same things! I’m praying your side effects stop soon! 

I met s girl at therepy who was on Zoloft but she said she was too sleepy so she got off it then they put her on Prozac but she felt to anxious and fearful and shaky so now they put her on cymbalta. I am too scared to change meds but I’m thinking of it. 

Is buspar as needed? Or do you take it everyday like an SSRI? 

I’m sure you’ve told me but are you working right now? 

• Posted

Hoping your side effects go away soon too.  The Buspar is everyday.  I’m supposed to start work on Tuesday.  I don’t know if it’s worse to be at home, maybe I’ll be focused on something else, we’ll see.
  • Posted

Hi Tina .. yes they will get easy, Prozac sooooo slow to work, you may find going up may help you, or just give your self more time, for ME ( and I mean me) 20mg Just was not enough to comback the symptoms you’ve got, I use to have more bad days on 20 then the good ones, so after 4weeks I went up to 40, and that levelled things out a lot better for me...

My daughter as been on 20 mg Prozac for 2 yrs, and she’s still as a crap day now and again, Iv said to her, just maybe you need to try a higher dose if you are still having probs, but she is still on the 20,mg and just puts up with the bad days... 

just depends what YOU want ..

Good luk chic, hope your looking forward to Xmas, and happy Christmas to every one eles out there big hug 🤗x

• Posted

Thanks dawn. Just not sure what to do. I think I have too much adrenaline for my meds or since it’s a low dose. 

Since I stopped the doxepin I’ve lost most of my apetite again. And feel nauseous.  I’m gonna wait till Christmas to see if I should try tradazone or something else for my gut and combo for prozac. 

Is your daughter the same as me and scared to up her meds? 

• Posted

Happy Christmas Tina..

No my daughter is just stubborn lol, she just don’t want to listen to any one..

Trazadone was very good for me, I lasted 15 yrs on it, and I had no side effects from it, and it was great as it gave me a good nite sleep, every nite without fail..

Maybe it would be a good one for you as your sencitve to meds, just make sure you take it WHEN your in bed, as wen I tuk my first one, within 30 min I felt like I was drunk and struggled to climb the stairs, so I learnt not to take untill I’m in bed and ready for sleep, as when your laying down you feel fine with it, just moving around what was not nice lol... 

if it had not stopped working for me I would of stayed on it all the time, as it was fine, you may need to possibly fine and try other meds untill you fine one that works for you... have a wonderful Xmas day ????big hug 🤗 xx

• Posted

Hi dawn. Merry Christmas hope it was good. 

My weekend was good at first. J tried to rest so I’d have energy for Christmas as I had 3 functions to go to and it was going on. But the second half when I had my boyfriends family to go see and lots of driving for that I started having major panic not too mention I’ve had insomnia 2 nights in a row! It’s been miserable. I was so anxious and shaky and nauseous and tingly it was awful. I even took Xanax and it didn’t do it’s best last night when i finally came home. I’ve been trying to recoup but still no sleep. Took my prozac this morning per  usual and still had major panic from no sleep so took Xanax and that helped a little. Finally tried to take a nap and I got an hour and a half. So I guess better than nothing. Doctor wants to up prozac . Ugh so nervous about that. If she’s willing to give me more time off work to regain my strength and possible side effects then I will try it. 

Thank you for asking dawn. How are you? Also she’s gonna prestige trazadone for me. I remember you saying it makes me feel drunk and sleepy at first. 

• Posted

Hi Tina.. really sorry your struggling, but I honsley don’t think your ready to go back to work by the sound of things, if you can afford to stay off then I really do think that’s the best for you, untill you feel ok... I know where you coming from, with visiting people and so on over Xmas, try and take small steps at a time, I know it’s xmas but sounds like you want to see people but your mind don’t want you too if you get me... I was very out going, never at home always out with the girls, but the last two years Iv not been out with friends, I’d rather be at home on my own ( I live aloan ) because I’m at my happiest there, BUT I think a lot is to do with me just getting in a rut, when I have to go some where out of my comfort zone I get anxious, and annoyed with it all, hoping next year I will just push myself slowly to get out and about again...

If I was you, I would defo try going higher on Prozac what have you to loose really?? As your feeling crap now, so going higher doesn’t always mean feeling worse, it wasn’t untill I went higher that I felt better, so maybe the jump will help, if not then come back down or off it once and for all, try to beleave with what you doc saying to you, and beleave in yourself... our minds are the ones playing with our body’s and caursing this crap feeling in side... but you do what you think you want to do chic, it always as to be your choise, you know your own body and mind to decide what to do...

As for trazadone yes IF you take it during the day, my experience was that I felt very drunk, and I had to crawl up the staires on my hands and knees in to bed... so I learnt that to take it once your in bed, and around 30min wen your ready for your sleep, and it works wonders for your sleep, a good 7/8 hours of sleep every nite, and I was on it for 15 yrs, and wish I hadn’t had to come of it, as now I don’t sleep at nite ...

For trazadone the only mistake I made was taking it around 6 in the evening lol , but once your in bed you feel fine, it’s just the moving around that does you, and by the time miring is here your ok again... best of luk chic in what ever you decide is best for you, big hug 🤗x

• Posted

Dawn,

How long were you on 40 when you thought it helped, did you have side effects again?  I just went to 40 today.  I’m worrying about the side effects.

• Posted

Hi chic.. I was on 20 for amonth then went up to 40 and it tuk me about week half to two weeks then it levels it self out then, then after 4 weeks I said to the doc I was feeling better, as tho I was in the middle if you get me, so if I dropped I would know about it, so went up to 60 and that was it, I could smile again and no more symptoms I felt the best by then, and now been 7+ months since starting Prozac and for me it’s great... but remeber we are all different tho x
    • Posted

Hi dawn,

Oh boy I thought I was doing semi ok yesterday but went grocery shopping then s friend came over to visit me and then I felt nauseous and shaky and mind felt weird. It carried over to this morning. Don’t know if there’s something I’m anxious about or what. Doctor extended my time off which is great but now I have to tell my boss and file for disability which I’m not looking forward to s maybe that’s it or I’m still exhausted from holidays crap. Just hate when I don’t feel well. My whole body is tingly my mind is tingly my neck hurts I feel nauseous. And sore. So over this bull. Thank you for letting me vent. 

• Posted

Hiya Tina.. I know how you are feeling, when I was on 20mg I could feel good for a few hours then wham, I was back down again, each day for me was different and didn’t know what to exspect, so I think that plays on your mind as well, because all you are thinking and hoping for is to have a good day, and dread the throught that you’ve got to have another day that is bad, I really didn’t think I would come out of this black hole I was in, and new I couldn’t stand the bad days any more, it was like a roller coaster of emotions each day, think that’s y I just jumped in and went up to 40mg after 4weeks as I New I couldn’t cope with the feelings any more, I’d got nothing to lose, I was feeling bad as it was, so going up for ME felt the right thing to do, and yep it did work, 40 was a lot better.. but that’s me, we are not all the same... 

I still don’t sleep very well, but like Iv said b4 Iv not sleeped since coming of trazadone 2 yrs ago and going through the menopause, for ME I know it’s not Prozac caursing lack of sleep as only been on this med 7+ months now, and sleep as been bad 2rys..

I really do hope it gets betters for you, but if it don’t maybe this med is not for you, speaks with your doc and see what he thinks good luk chic 🤗x

• Posted

Hi dawn! 

So when you upped your Prozac it took about a week or two to level. What kind of seize effects did you feel? I started the 30 mg yesterday. Tom will be 3rd day they I added to the 20mg. So we’ shall see . 

• Posted

Hi Tina .. for me I just felt like the 20 mg felt, just for aweek or two, then every day just settled down after that, and the symptoms just went away, as I think I was not worrying about what the next day will bring, as I New I’d be ok, then after 4 weeks I went up to 60mg and not looked back since then, yes I have a odd day where I feel fed up, but I’m going through the menopause, so seem to be fighting that as well..

Iv seen the other guys on here saying they have felt better as time as gone on, and when they’ve up there does, and that’s what Iv been trying to say to all, it does get better, uv just got to ride the crap smytoms out, and then u will be there..

So stick with it chic, u will get there then you won’t worry so much good luk 🤗xx

• Posted

thank you dawn,

so far 30 has been ok. but i took the traz last night and it helped me sleep but i woke up super dizzy. did you? but then again ive been struggling with my equal librium before that but the traz made it worse. makes me not want to take it anymore even tho it helped me sleep.

did you have that issue?

• Posted

Hiya Tina ... what’s the amount you taking on trazadone ? I use to take mine around 10pm and I was fine,BUT i was only on trazadone, that’s it, so not sure how it will work with Prozac to be honest... I take some herbel sleep tablets at the mo, and even tho I don’t sleep all nite, when I wake up, I just feel I need to go back to bed and sleep, so not sure if that’s because they working with Prozac and making me feel that way... as with trazadone I was fine on waking up, and was for 15 years, and without any side effects from them, x
    • Posted

yah for some reason these anti depressants that help me sleep also cause me to have major dizziness. same thing happened with the doxepin. i'm only on 25 mg. but i think i might stop and just drink tea , take my xanax and lavendar and try to ride through it that way. im just bummed cuz i wanted to see if trazadone would eventually help the prozac and both of them get me back to my old self. but the dizziness is very difficult.

• Posted

Oh right yeah 25 not much for trazadone, so throught it be ok then, I was on 300mg and always seem fine, but at least you’ve tried it... so annoying to keep having to live the way we do, when all we want is normal life back... hopefully in 2018 you will find a med that suits you, and be able to enjoy life again, that’s all any of us want big hug 🤗x

• Posted

ugh dawn, 

this morning has been rough. didnt sleep at all last night. my body was out of sorts. and terrible insomnia not to mention my monthly visitor came and it just made things worse and gives me more anxiety. now i have horrible cramps but dont want to take anything cuz i need to take my prozac and i want to take anti anxiety meds. i just feel so yucky and low today.

• Posted

I know what you mean, Iv been going through the menopause for pass 4 years, so I put that down to lack of sleep I get, not had a period since last March, so just needed to make it till this March then yippee over the crap.. 

yesterday I was feeling fed up, and couldn’t understand why, just throught one of those day BUT DAM it my period started 🤨 last nite, and all the misery that comes with it ( sad times ) so I suppose I know why I was having a off day 😫

So think you prob feel the same as well, so that’s dragging you down, hopefully in a few days or so, you will be feeling ok again.. what we have to put up with as woman, seem to be always fighting some battle lol.. 

hope you feel ok soon, I’m sure you will, on wards and up for us big hug 🤗x

• Posted

dawn i am having such a hard time. i upped my dose 10mg two weeks ago and i am misrable. not eating ANYTHING not sleeping at all, so anxious, naseous and dizzy during the day tingly all over. I have more bad then good days over all. im scared to switch meds but im starting to think it is time. i dont know what else to do. i am right down miserable.
    • Posted

Ow bless you Tina.. I wish I could magic these symptoms away for you... personally I don’t think 30 is enough, but that’s ME and only ME... Iv told you b4 that my daughter been on 20 for 2 yrs and as bad days still, and I know 20/40  just was not enough for me, because I just want all good days, and Iv got that now... but it’s ME...

don’t feel you’ve failed if you don’t stay on Prozac, let it be yours and doc to decide if enough is enough, speak to him and go with what you want, I know you want all the symptoms to go away, we all do, I did, I never dreamed I would be out of the hell hole what your in... 

do what’s best chic for you, I really hope you find some peace in your mind from these smytoms.. good luk please let me know how you are still going big hug 🤗xx

• Posted

Hi Tina, Me too, I have barely any appetite.  I’m nauseous, and the anxiety is so bad.  I am on 40mg, the Dr added Buspar, but now I have side effects from that.  I’m in week 9, but switched from Sertraline in week 5.  It is so hard.  I forgot which week you are on.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.