Any advice?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Ive been suffering now since the end of august, compared to some people on here i dont suffer as bad, but my chest just feels all heavy sometimes and feel breathless, does anyone else get this? Also get back pain and feel sick sometimes. Im under quite alot of pressure in my job and do worry about not hitting my targets so i dont know if this contributes to it. But im sure people at work think im just making this up. Had blood tests, xray, lung function test and all seemed to be ok. Is there anything that helps? nurafen didnt make much difference. Are heat packs or ice packs any good? Im so sick of feeling like this, i want to feel normal and well again. It stops me from doing normal things like going out with my friends, and travelling to see friends and family. Any advice would be apprieciated. Thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Nicola,

Im sorry your suffering badly with pain etc,it does get easier,lots of rest and i mean lots,,sleep sleep and you really must avoid stress as it does agrivate it,well it did with me,,when i get it,,i feel sick, back pain,malaise,sore throat and the usual nasty chest pain,,heat packs do help a little.

hope you feel better soon,take care.

Andy

• Posted

Thanks for replying andy. Yeah i used my heat pack on my chest and back this morning before work, helped a little. I just hope i can get rid of this once and for all, ready to enjoy the summer. And im only 20 so worries me abit when i start getting breathless!

cheers.

• Posted

Hi

If you are getting breathless you may want to try the symbicort inhaler. That has helped my breathlessness. Talk to your doc about it. See my earlier posts xx

• Posted

Yeah i was given an inhalor in october after my lung function test, even though im not asthmatic. Ive kinda been put off using as the first time i did my heart was beating so fast and i got all shakey. I have used it since but not very often, at first i found it helped but not as much now, maybe i just need to persist with it abit more, i do tend to carry it around with me everywhere i go just dont end up using it much. I worry about whats wrong with me too much aswell, shouldnt think that helps the situation.

Thanks for replying smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.