Any advice?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I literally just made an account so if I am posting this in the wrong place feel free to send me a link to where I should be asking this. Thanks! 

I've been sick with ulcerative colitis since I was about 2 (currently 21) for the past 8 months or so I haven't been tolerating food very well. When I eat, even if it's very small and chewed up very well, I bloat horribly, get nauseous and feel extremely full. To put this in to perspective my stomach is about 32 inches around on an empty stomach but after I eat it bloats to around 37 inches. My gastroenterologist said I was probably just sick because of constipation but it has been 4 months since I struggled with that and I'm still having all these issues. Its very painful and extremely uncomfortable. I thought it was my UC all of this time but I just had a colonoscopy (literally yesterday) and I'm showing signs of a healing colon which is great! But it doesnt help me find an answer or treatment for my issue. I did notice that while doing the liquid diet days before the procedure I was the happiest I have been in a long time. No pain, no bloating, lots of energy, etc.  Does anyone have a hunch of what could be going on? Thanks!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

are you trying like a bland diet?  i have the bloating, but i have other problems never UC.  i have CSID which is diahrea unless i stay on a complete sugar free diet, no carbs, startches or sugar except pure honey or cocnut sugar.  Do you still have constipation?  you might have been the happiest because you got to empty your stomach out completely.  if you don't find the answers with this dr search for one until you find the answer , i have been through 3 and thought i was going out of mind and worried it was in my head,  now i know

• Posted

I take miralax every day and that keeps me regular. Before that I would go like 5 days without being able to use the bathroom and at the time that I saw my doctor I was still dealing with that so I can see why she thought it was coming from the constipation. But now that it's all better I've yet to see anything else go away. I went 3 days on liquids and my body tolerated that just fine. But the night before I had to drink the prep and well that was of course no fun. But it's not like I can live that way because I was only living off of chicken broth and jello. I don't want to get malnourished. I feel like my body can't tolerate solids very well, I've tried cutting out dairy, meats, gluten, sugar, etc. But nothing helps unless I'm not eating (which isn't an option lol) or drinking my calories which I feel could lead to dangerous long term outcomes. You may be right, I may need to find a new GI doctor. 

• Posted

i am so sorry your are going through this.  ask your dr to take a ct scan of the artieries .  i would keep looking for another dr like i said i had to go through 3 before they found out what was wrong, so please don't give up

• Posted

Thank you for the encourgement and advice! I do feel like the doctors think its all in my head sometimes but I have other medical issues so if I was crazy enough to lie for attention I already have legitimate things that would give me that lol. I just want to be able to eat normal or somehow get the nutrition my body needs. I'm going to call her today and see what she says and go from there. Thanks again smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.