Any advice for sitting more comfortable?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Back at work. Sitting is very uncomfortable. Is there any position that's easier? I feel tons of pressure in butt area. Worried I will stretch out repair 😱

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I know you are in the US & things are done differently but I would say you are back at work too soon. Is there any way you could take time off? It would be between 6 - 12 weeks in the UK depending on how physical your work is. It's a big operation, you don't want to over do things. Try & rest as much as possible. X

• Posted

Hi Steph

2 weeks seems very quick. My surgeon was quite firm about the 6 weeks because I I commute into London - often standing room only! But I have been doing some work at home for the last few weeks prior to going back which has given me welcome flexibility - would you be able to negotiate something like that?

• Posted

I already did that. I an earlier post my surgeon said a few days! No way! Luckily I have a strictly sit down job but still very hard, i ended up leaving early today

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.