Any advice greatly appreciated...

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello...

This is the first time I've ever posted anything on here, but I've been following the dicsussions and advice for some time. 

I have had issues with periods for the last 7-8 years and have had MANY trips to GP, scans etc.  I have also tried different BC pills and eventually succomed to the Mirena coil, as this was the only thing I was being offered.  I had it in for 9 months, and hated it! Bled pretty much the whole time. 

Anyway, i've been back and forth again to the doctors, and had 2 more ultrasounds which now show 2 cysts of approx 5cm and growing and a hdrosalpinx blockage in my fallopian tube.  I was at the end of my tether so I paid to see a private gynaegologist, who was the fist person who's ever not fobbed me off!  She said it was most likely to be endometriosis, which I've been saying to my doctor for years, and has said that I need to have boths the cysts, my ovary and my fallopian tube removed (an oopherectomy I think!).  She will also do an endometrial ablation at the same time. 

I am releived but very scared! Even though I'm now back in NHS they've said that It may be in as little as 2-3 weeks time.  My reason for posting is that I really don't have much of an idea of what to expect, and how things will be afterwards. 

I was wondering if anyone had had anything similar, or experienced the effects of these procedure? 

Thank you in advance! 

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Update on the above. I went in to have the surgery as stated in my original post. They did the ablation but when the surgeon went in to do the laporoscopy she said that it was "a mess" and was unable to remove the tubes and ovary due to my cysts turning in a large pelvic mass that has attached itself to the bowel, uterus and abdominal wall.

I am devastated as I thought that this would sort things out once and for all. I've now got go back and put together a plan which is most likely to be a total hysterectomy. Has anyone else experienced this pelvic mass situation. I'm scared.

Thanks in advance.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.