Any advice is welcome re sleep

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi can anyone help? I am really struggling with flashbacks but especially nightmares and don't sleep very well at night at all. Can anyone suggest any over the counter medication that deal with sleeplessness. I don't want antidepressants, they're chemical and mess with your mind. I definitely have ptsd not depression like my doctor insists? Please help, only serious answers please, I'm struggling. Sorry happier new year we hope.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Nothing over the counter worked for me.  I take Tizanadine prescribed by my doctor.  It knocks me out pretty fast and there are no side effects the next day.  
  • Posted

No Tizanidine is actually a muscle relaxer.  Thats what my doctor told me.
    • Posted

OK thanks for that my doctor needs to now take advice off me, namely you. That's what I need not an anti depressant.

• Posted

Good luck.  My doctor gave them to me pretty easily, they are not narcotic. I never heard of it before it was prescribed.  The brand name is Zanaflex.
    • Posted

Thanks so much let's see what my doctor says to that. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.