Any advice on dealing with fatigue/depression and the workplace following Crohn's diagnosis?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi everyone,

Over the last year and since my diagnosis last August I've struggled TERRIBLY with fatigue. I'm due to start b12 injections next week so hoping this will improve, but I'm struggling badly at work. Has anyone had any experience of this? I think because you look well on the outside its so hard to demonstrate how terrible you're feeling.

I've also been on anti-depressants since my diagnosis as I'm struggling to cope with stress at work. I'm desperate to leave my job but don't have the money to retrain. Has anyone else felt like this?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Penelope,

My partner struggles with terrible fatigue, he's retired, but there is no way he could work. You will see from my other posts my frustration with services but you really should be referred for counselling to help you work out the way forward and, have support with what you are going through. You could ask your GP or Crohns consultant for a referral. I appreciate in an ideal world counselling would be available but is not always easily accessed within the NHS. You can self refer to Well-being services.

Take care.

Camino x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.